CHAPTER ELEVEN

(TW: Coughing up blood)

an apology

~

"I don't want your help." 

Her eyes widened at the simple response, what did he mean he didn't want her help? She was his best bet at getting his daughter out unscathed. His only option if he wanted to get Rose peacefully. 

Maybe she was right when she thought about his love of killing, or at least the love of a challenge. She never met a man like Ethan Winters.

"Ethan, you're not making sense," she walked closer to him and her eyes flitted around his face, "Are you sick? Did the horrors of this village finally tear you down?" 

"I'm fine," he replied, "I just don't want your help. I think I've managed to get here without it."

Her eyes narrowed, "Ethan Winters, you are a strange man," she sighed and nodded, "If you insist, however, I can't promise our next meeting will be as pleasant if you try going against Karl or my mother."  

She turned around and started walking away. It seemed as if he wasn't going to come to his senses anytime soon. 

Y/N stood still in her tracks, the hold on her wrist preventing her from going further. 

She spun around and trailed her eyes from the offending appendage to its owner, "What?" 

He reached behind his back and pulled out a doll. Her eyes widened at the familiar object.  

Ethan gave her the unique doll, "I meant it when I said I was sorry." 

Y/N's eyes teared up as she stared down at Angie. The doll was slightly damaged, but it reminded her of Donna and when they would drink tea on her porch.

Donna always seemed truly at peace when she was in her home surround by her lovely dolls. 

She hastily wiped her tears before sparing the man a small smile, "I supposed you aren't completely terrible." 

She was on the fence about Ethan's motives the entire time, maybe he wasn't as bad she initially thought. She only wished that her siblings were alive. 

The man in front of her had blood staining his clothes and bruises all over his body, yet he still looked calm and put together. 

His grit was attractive, not to mention he wasn't too bad to look at.

If only they had met in another life, as different people. 

"I'll be seeing you, Ethan Winters." 

The young woman stood still and looked at the man in front of her. His eyes were calm and he looked so relaxed. Was her presence the reason for his ease?