9

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I blurt out. His hand grips the steering wheel tighter then he smiles.
"Not really". I am shocked by his answer but well pretty boys are known to never commit always moving from girl to girl.
"Why", I ask. He shrugs.
"I've just never really met anyone I really wanted to be with". I was right, pretty boy problem. " There's someone I like though".
My heart skips a beat , could it be me? Lord please let it be me. I'll go to church on days other than Sunday. I won't zone out and start using my phone when the service gets too long and boring.
"You know that person, but I can't tell them they probably wouldn't like it". Omigod!! It had to be me!!! Tell me, tell me Ayo. I like you too.
He takes his eyes off the road, looks at me and smiles. I swallow.
"What do you suggest I do Tu?"
"Uhmm, if you're too shy to say it to them text them and make your feelings known. They'd appreciate a heartfelt text."
"I don't know Tu, I don't have their number". Oooh.....he's trying to be slick. I know what you're doing Ayo.
"Well you could just send them a gift with a note, that should do". His face brightens.
"Thank you so much Tu, that's what I'll do". We are now back to our street, he drops me off, we say goodnight and I walk into the house giddy with excitement. Ayo likes me! Maybe.