13. ✧ girls just wanna have fun.

▹ 𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 | The Cure

"We're going to die!" I scream at the top of my lungs, feeling my heart race rapidly in my chest as my throat burns from the blood-curdling yell

Rizzo reaches down and grabs onto my hand, her thumb rubbing against my skin as she comforts me before I have to convince God to let me into his bright pearly gates of heaven.

I beg underneath my breath, pleading to be let out of my misery already while the other people around me scream in terror. I look over at Riz, watching her sadistic eyes widen and her lips curl into a smile as she looks over and laughs at my pain.

"Did you enjoy the ride?" The young man in the middle of the spinning deathtrap asks over the speakers as it comes to an end, listening to everyone scream again; this time with much more excitement as my ears ring from the child like shrieks. "Please exit one by one. Do not push and enjoy the rest of your time here at Crossville's annual summer fun fest carnival."

I finally feel my heart begin to slow down when I realize it's over, glaring at Riz who's now bent over and wheezing like that was the most hilarious thing she's ever seen.

"I'm glad you enjoyed that, really. I've never been happier for you. I hope that was worth it." I speak with sarcasm, her pointer finger held up in the air as she has a hard time stopping, telling me to stop rambling until she finishes her cruel laugh.

"I'm sorry but the look on your face!" She now screams, having a hard time catching her breath while she stands up straight with her hand over her heart. "I would kill for a fucking camera right now." She continues, my arms folded over my chest as I look unimpressed with her words. "It gets better every year!"

No, no, it gets worse every year.

I like rollercoasters, I always have. But I cannot get on any ride that spins me around, turns me upside down, or makes everything go pitch black. Those are my three big no no's, I always end up sick or terrified. Yet Rizzo somehow manages to get me to break one of those three rules with hardly any argument every time we come to one of these stupid events.

Now once again, just like last year and all the years we've come before, I am regretting my decision in ever saying yes to Danielle Rizzo.

When the two of us finally get off of the ride and the tips of my high top converse seep into the tall wet grass, I let out a heavy sigh of relief as Rizzo hooks her arm through mine.

"You said we'd come here so I can have fun." I glance over and watch her brows furrow as she tightens her arm around mine. "That was hell."

She immediately laughs at my statement, shaking her head as if I'm the dramatic one as the back of her heels continuously dig themselves into the dirt we walk on.