bonus 07 | operation forever love

Krissy confesses to Marinette that she has fallen in love with a carpenter's boy, a commoner who has no status high enough to ever be worthy to compare to theirs

Krissy confesses to Marinette that she has fallen in love with a carpenter's boy, a commoner who has no status high enough to ever be worthy to compare to theirs. Determined to bring the two of them together, Marinette and Adrien concoct a plan to convince her stubborn aunt to allow them to court.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

If Marinette could be described in one word, it would be that she was stubborn. Incredibly stubborn. Her stubbornness was just one of the many main reasons as to why she had been able to marry Adrien, who had become the love of her life over the years.

Because of her stubbornness, she had achieved true happiness, and that was a feeling she wanted all of her sisters to experience one day.

Elizabeth already had achieved said happiness thanks to Adrien's marriage license and his will to marry her in secret. Her oldest sister was living a wonderful life with her wife, tucked away in a nice little cottage on the outskirts of town.

Of course, despite Aunt's Lillian's wonderful progress in warming up to Marinette's eldest son, Charles, the woman hadn't quite accepted the fact that her eldest niece was gay. When she did eventually find out about their relationship, she made it very known just how appalled she was and how she very much disagreed with Elizabeth's marriage.

Of course, no one was fazed by the fact that it upset her. Elizabeth was perfectly fine with not associating with their aunt, and Marinette didn't blame her in the slightest. Had it not been for the fact that Aunt Lillian had opened up her heart to Charles, Marinette would have also cut the woman out of her life for good.

But Aunt Lillian accepting Charles as her great-nephew hadn't happened over night. It had taken a lot of time.

Perhaps time was all that was needed for their aunt to have a change of heart regarding same-sex marriage.

So far, it was proving that lots of time would be needed. Aunt Lillian was stubborn (not more stubborn than Marinette, but stubborn nonetheless.) She was very set in her ways and it could be hard to change or rather open her mind if she was unwilling to explore the new possibilities that came with a growing society.

Despite her acceptance with Adrien and Marinette's marriage, she often made jokes about how none of the children she had raised seemed to be following the path she had paved.

Perhaps she had hoped that Krissy and Emily would be a different story.

She would end up being disappointed, to say the least.

Marinette wanted all of her sisters to experience true happiness. Emily wasn't quite at that age yet to show interest in love... but Krissy had, and unlike Aunt's wishes for her to marry a man of nobility, who had riches beyond riches and a title to his name...