01 | unknown love

"His heart began to pound in his chest at the sight of her, and he knew from that day that she was his soulmate."

— Forbidden Love

CHAPTER ONE

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

The longer Marinette continued to stare at the stone wall, the more she wished it would simply vanish into thin air.

It was such a pest.

The structure itself really had no purpose. It stretched out from the left to the right as far as the eye could see, and all it did was separate the forest in half. The forest itself was huge, expanding so far it was practically impossible to measure.

She wanted to explore it all. But, of course, the wall had different plans. It was a frustrating obstacle that she was so eager, determined, and she believed, even destined to overcome.

With the purposeless structure in her way, Marinette found herself curious as to what lied on the other side.

Well, she had always been curious. For years in fact. But she was never allowed to act out on her curiosity.

Of course, there was always the option of climbing over it– this she had often thought of. But if she did decide to climb over, there wouldn't be a way for her to make it back over on her own. The wall was too tall, at least eight feet, and it wasn't as if she was a skilled rock climber.

Marinette scowled at the stone wall in and stubbornly folded her arms across her chest. Despite her frustration, she was unwilling to accept defeat. There just had to be some way to get over the wall on her own, and explore the world beyond it. She huffed and drew nearer to the wall, looking up as it towered over her by a few extra feet. If only she were taller, like a massive giant, then perhaps she could have pulled herself over with ease.

She stomped her foot in the dirt. Blast this stupid wall!

Aggravation suddenly took over her entire being, and in one swift motion, Marinette surged forwards and kicked the wall with all of her might.

That, however, was not the brightest idea.

The hard force of her foot colliding with stone caused a dreadful amount of pain to surface. Marinette suddenly clutched her foot in agony and cursed the air. What a terribly stupid idea.

Why had she done that?

Stupid, stupid wall.

The stupid wall was causing her to make stupid decisions.