22

BELLE

CLUBHOUSE

'Everything is going according to plan.' Belle internally thinks as she takes a sip on her chamomile tea at the most exclusive golf clubhouse in the heart of the Lion City. Her friends, Nathaniel, and Alexander are with her in a private tea room. Awaiting for moments to happen and revelations. 

She, after all, did extensive research and investigatory works. She thanks her nosy aunties for referring her to many private investigators. Apparently, lots of her cousins have been up to lots of mischiefs. 

"Can we just get this over with and like pay her several million to not interfere with our lives?" Monique says as she took a bite out of her sandwich. It is currently 11 AM, where lunch is expected to come.

"No, that would be too easy," Nate says as he tucks a stray strand of hair of Claire's and fixed it.

"And too cliche, I think our K-drama's made that too common," Alex says as he sat down near Monique and sneakily tries putting an arm around her but she swats him away. He chuckles at her antics and tries feeding her another sandwich to which she playfully avoids.

"The lead girl just had to choose one, the guy, obvi. But why can't she just choose both?" Monique asks.

"Because apparently, she likes the toxic male lead than the pure-hearted and obviously better second lead who will most likely end up alone or die by the end," Claire says in response.

"That hurts," Nate mutters.

"Anything to clench the hearts, drain the tears of their viewers, and ratings to go up," Alex tells him.

"Babe, we must prepare for our baby shower!" They heard an annoying voice next door.

Rose Moon

"It's showtime," Claire mutters as she took a big sip from her iced latte.

"Isn't it too early?" Seth asks, they heard the locking of the door in the other room which is where Rose and Seth are.

"It's not too early, it's just the right time." Rose reasons out with him as they settled themselves in the other room.

"Do your parents know about our baby? He will be the heir of your family's airline empire." Rose says to which the friend group tries to silence their choked waves of laughter and Belle looks like she wanted to barf. She gives a look that you can picture out 'seriously?' written on her face.

"You're barely showing," Seth says.

"I exercise, of course." Rose says sharply and continues, "So do they know?"

"Of course not," Seth answers calmly.

They heard Rose stomping her foot multiple times and shouted, "But they need to know! It's their first grandchild! I'm going to be your wife and the mother of your children for fuck's sake!" She gives a tantrum in front of him and can be heard not only in their room but in the other private room as well.

"I should have hit her with the meatball she was aiming at me before," Belle mutters underneath her breath.

"But do they know?" Seth asks her.

"Who?" Rose asks.

"Your parents?" He asks. Rose was then silenced. It has been known that despite being spoiled rotten by her parents, they are the typical traditional Korean parents. Rumors have spread of how her credit cards were cut in front of her eyes if she did something bad that ruins the esteemed reputation of their family name.