Chapter 3!

(The reason I won... was because I learned to detect the scent of the opening thread.
When I'm battling someone and I pick up this scent, then I can see the thread.
The thread is connected from my blade to my opponent's opening, growing taut the instant I see it. My blade is drawn toward it with great force, and then I slash the opening.)

In the forest. Tanjiro has cut the boulder in half successfully. Urokodaki walks toward him.
"Mr. Urokodaki..." says Tanjiro.
"I had no intention of sending you to the Final Selection. I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but..." says Urokodaki.
Urokodaki pats Tanjiro on the head.
"Well done, my boy. Tanjiro, you're... a remarkable kid."
This is said by Urokodaki as he hugs Tanjiro.
Tanjiro tears up when he is hugged by Mr. Urokodaki.
"Make sure you come back alive from the Final Selection. Both of your sisters have woken up and will be coming with you to the Final Selection. I will be waiting for you here."
This is said by Urokodaki.

At Urokodaki's hut. Urokodaki is preparing dinner.
'Hungry....regular human food.'
"Hmmmm! Nmmm!" says Kururugi to Nezuko.
"Hyaaa!" says Nezuko as she wakes up and gets out of bed.
"Kururugi wants some food. Do you think that you could give her some, Mr. Urokodaki?" says Nezuko.
"Wow... What's the occasion? There's so much."
This is said by Tanjiro.
"You've completed all your training, so we're celebrating. Don't be shy. Eat up. All of you! That includes you as well, Kururugi!" says Urokodaki.
Kururugi nods to Urokodaki as she reaches up and removes the bamboo muzzle from her face.
'Now I can eat!'
"Thank you very much! Glad to see you both awake! How was your sleep?" says Tanjiro.
Urokodaki offers a bowl to Tanjiro, one to Nezuko and one to Kururugi. Tanjirou takes it. He eats heartily. Nezuko takes one. She eats heartily. Kururugi takes it as well. She eats heartily.
"Thanks for the food!" says Kururugi.
"Thank you for helping us and allowing us to enter the Final Selection with our brother."
This is said by Nezuko.
"You're both very welcome. Please be careful at Final Selection!" says Urokodaki.

Later in the night, Tanjiro cuts his hair with the help of his two sisters. Nezuko helps put Kururugi's bamboo muzzle back in Kururugi's mouth.
Kururugi sighs contentedly.
"Hey, Tanjiro..." says Urokodaki.
"Yes?" asks Tanjiro.
"Did you enjoy that hot pot?" asks Urokodaki.
"Yes! I haven't had such a feast in so long! Nezuko and Kururugi as well! They are both extremely grateful for the rare gift!" says Tanjiro.
"I am glad. A growing boy like you with a hearty appetite should get stronger the more he eats, as well as grow bigger in size. Same goes for Nezuko. But that goes for demons, too. Remember this. Basically, a demon is as strong as the number of humans he's devoured. Your sister Kururugi is the only exception to this rule!" says Urokodaki.
"So, the more they eat, the stronger they get?" asks Tanjiro.
"Kururugi will be okay?" asks Nezuko.
"That's right. There are demons who gain power, become able to transform their bodies, and even use strange spells. Your sister is likely the same!" says Urokodaki.
Urokodaki takes out a fox mask from a cabinet.
"Mr. Urokodaki? I think that I can do everything that Kururugi can do! Is this okay?" says Nezuko.
Kururugi is holding on to Muramasa while nodding off.
"I believe that because of your sisterly connection despite not being related by blood, it's okay for you to have the strength of a demon even though you are still human Nezuko!" says Urokodaki to Nezuko.
"Kururugi? Take care of your siblings, okay?" says Urokodaki to Kururugi.
Kururugi nods her head.
Urokodaki pulls out another fox mask from the same cabinet.
"When your sense of smell becomes keener, you'll be able to tell how many humans a demon has consumed. This applies to you, Tanjiro!" says Urokodaki.
"When your time around Kururugi has lengthened, you'll be able to dodge incoming attacks from a human or demon better. This applies to you, Nezuko!" says Urokodaki.
Urokodaki gives Tanjiro and Nezuko the fox masks.
"What's this?" asks Tanjiro.
"It's called a "warding mask." It is meant to keep you both safe! But with Kururugi by your side, it probably won't be necessary!" says Urokodaki.
"A warding mask..." says Tanjiro.