Unapologetic Observation

A successful wiping for both parties put the handlers in an excited mood for the rest of the day. Stygian could see a difference in the way Winter appeared after he had left the chair, he was instantly more compliant.

The two stand out of the chairs, each facing each other with no emotions or even a thought running through their minds. Both just standing and staring until told to do otherwise. One of her main handlers approaches her with the device used to scan her neck. A wave of trepidation passes over her, realizing the second he scans her, her actions are no longer hers. She is completely at their mercy the second she feels the signals being sent to her brain. Her body no longer hers, responding to their words instead of her own thoughts. It's quite a terrifying thing to be forced into.

They are going to be testing Stygian's mental conditioning and ensuring it in fact works before sending her off on her first mission with Winter.

Timothy smirks at her, her body keeping completely still, her mind compelled to listen to every word the handlers say to her. A handler gestures to the other in the room, his back to Stygian. "Take Winter to the briefing room, I will return after Stygian's test is complete."

As everyone files out of the area, Winter can't help but look at Stygian as long as he can before being ushered completely out of the room. The walk to the briefing room is a familiar one for him, having been there many times before all of his missions. Out of everything that he can't remember, the one thing he has memorized down to every detail is his missions. A rather unfortunate thing when it comes to sleeping. Something telling him that this isn't who he really is and that this simply isn't what is supposed to be happening to him.

Across the base, Stygian stands in a room alone with another man tied to a chair and a gun in her hand, equipped with a single bullet in the chamber. Her orders to kill the man in front of her burn at the front of her brain. With no restraint and without question as to why the man needs to be dead, she pulls the hammer back and applies pressure to the trigger, feeling nothing but a sense of completion rolls over her as the man's head falls back, blood spilling onto the ground. First task complete.

The handlers observe with pleasure, another asset who kills at their command without question. To them it might as well have been Christmas morning. The main handler confirms the success of the Stygian Soldier, getting the signal to bring her to the briefing room, ready to be briefed on her first mission with the Winter Soldier.

In the briefing room, she scans every corner having never been in this room before. She is ordered to stand still and remain silent and she, of course, complies as her eyes fall onto the Winter Soldier who stares back at her. A layer of curiosity surrounds her as she watches the long haired man with blue eyes and a metal appendage. His own expression shows no ounce of human emotion or thought. She can't remove her eyes from his face as they are briefed on their mission, she retains every word and understands their goal, yet as he watches the handlers speak, she can't not look at him.

She is put back in her cell and given a handful of clothes to put on before being taken to the plane that will take them to their mission site. The handlers all remain curious as to whether or not this will be a success considering the two soldiers will be on their own in just a few hours for a full week.

Her fingers run over the leather fabric that sits in a pile on her metal cot. The outfit is sure to be tight but at least durable since it needs to last a week. Without question, she strips off her previously unwashed uniform of a cotton shirt and tight polyester stretchy pants. The new uniform is brand new, the leather un-scuffed and unmarked in any way.

Pulling the one piece over her legs, her body can already feel the warmth that the suit will provide her. Zipping up the back is difficult but she refuses to even consider bringing one of her handlers in. The zipper had to be the most infuriating part of the suit, getting caught on the edges of the leather more than once. It is easy for her to come to the conclusion that this was the first time hydra made an official women's uniform.