Chapter 10 - Past or Present

*evil smiles* Hehehe....

Astrid

I could feel his hot breath in my own lips.

No, we haven't kissed yet.

We were simply staring at each other as we lean in and as if my body has it's own mind, I snaked my hands to his own and entwined my fingers with his.

This is it! I thought as my lips lightly brushed with his, my eyes closing in anticipation.

But!

We pulled away when a sudden ring on my phone interrupted our almost kiss session. I awkwardly stood up and ran upstairs to my room and looked to my phone.

Hehe...

It says, Is it mocking me?! The number was unknown to me and I was too irritated to text this person back. My heart was beating fast on my chest, it was like a dinosaur had just rammed to it and now it was panicking. So what now?

Again the phone rang with the same number in it and the contents made my blood boil more than it already is.

I'm Johny.

School

I yawned as the bus to my school parked outside school. I blushed as I say Haiden waiting for me as usually outside the bus. I stood up got my things and was about to walk out and greet him when I bumped into someone inside the bus before I could even take 2 steps, successfully making the papers in my arms fall off.

I glared at the man who bumped me but I found myself blush instead.

"Oh, Sorry Astrid!" His familiar voice invaded my hearing. He began to pick up the pieces of paper that fell.

"I didn't see you there," he said softly, handing me the papers. I took it or more like snatched it away from his hands and hugged it to my chest like my dear life depended on it.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking too anyway." I mumbled with a blush.

"Should I escort you out?" He asked with a smile and I felt my knees was about to give up from his gentleness.

"No, It's okay," I looked down to hide my blush.

And here I thought I was over you, Paul...

"Astrid." A firm voice called me from behind. "Let's go, babe"

I quickly turned away and went to Haiden. We step out but before Paul was already out of right he made a signal using his hands.

Call me. He mouthed and again I blushed. I smiled as he replying. Okay!

When we were already inside. I jabbed Haiden's rib earning a very satisfying his of pain. I was annoyed by the fact that he interrupted my Paul moment!

"You are an idiot!" I glared at him and he frowned rubbing his sides.

"What did you expect me to do!?" He frowned even more. Somehow I wanted to kiss him to make him feel better and make the pain that I cost go away. "My girlfriend was flirting with another guy, I was jealous!"

What? Wait...

"I think you're taking this a bit seriously, Haiden." I said, seriously

"What do you mean?" He asked genuinely confused.

"Us!" I emphasized that word by pointing at the both of us

"Us? Okay, so what about us?" He asked with a soft chuckle