eighteen

Wounds

— Scars are beautiful
You are my best scar
A painful one.

#
"Darating ka ba, Apollo? Maghihintay ako, maaga pa naman."

"Ang lungkot mong tignan, buwan. Tapos wala pang bituwin. Mag-isa ka."

"Hmm. I've read this from one of Apollo's books, moon. Luna, the best gift I've ever received in this lifetime was the kiss of the sun. It reminds me how to make my own light on the days I can't see in the dark."

"Ang tagal mo, Apollo. Pero kaya ko ring maghintay. Kaya ko pa."

"Anong oras na? Hindi ka pa ba uuwi?"

"Pa..."

"May dala kang bag. Aalis ka? Walang bibyaheng tren ngayon, Elos. Umuwi ka na, dahil wala ring darating."

"Pa, what did you do again this time? How did you know I'm here."

"I didn't do anything, Elos. Why are you this suspicious to your own father?"

"You don't know? Father, you are greedy. You took away mother's position in school. Pinilit mo ring ipakasal si ate Eloise, despite knowing she wants to be a nun. You are making our school a mess. The school should be a place of learning, a place of discovery and a place of dream. But you are taking the students' identity just because of their sexuality!"

"Your mother loves teaching, Elos. And your sister should marry because you are gay! Now, go fucking home because I don't know what to with you anymore."

"No!"