Chapter 2: Perfect Places

"Hey stranger."

Mew smiles, biting his bottom lip as a hand comes up to rake through his hair before he turns to look at the voice's owner, and the moment he does he knew it had been too long.

Before him stood the boy who owned his heart, who as well, also happened to be responsible for the feeling in his stomach.

"Hey..."

Gulf's face turns into one of surprise as he finally notices his hair, a brow going up in curiosity. "Trying out something new are we?"

Mew chuckles with a shrug. "Not that I had any say in it really. I lost a bet."

"Ah, I see." Gulf nods mockingly before walking forward, sitting across from Mew as the elder stares at him, a small grin plastered on his lips.

"What?" Asks Gulf, feeling slightly self-concious.

"Nothing... I'm just really happy to see you. It feels like it's been forever since we last saw each other."

Gulf smiles, and as his head tilts ever so slightly it's as if he'd done it purposefully for the light to hit him perfectly, his smile seeming to glow.

"Beautiful..." Mew whispers.

At realising what was happening Gulf's skin flushes as he fiddles with his fingers. Mew notices his change in behaviour and hurries to fix it.

"Sorry. Fuck, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, it just sorta slipped out." Gulf laughs at Mew's anxious expression as he waves him off.

"No. You didn't make me uncomfortable. I just wasn't expecting that, you caught me off guard is all." Gulf shrugs dismissively, the corner of his mouth twitching up.

Mew nods, a smiling shyly. Though it doesn't last too long before his face lightens up and he grabs the bags behind him to place them in between the two of them.

"Here is the lunch! I'm sure you must be hungry." He slowly empties the bags as he pulls out the styrafoam containers.

"Yes, I am. Thanks."

"No problem."

Grabbing a spoon each they both dig in, eating in silence for a while as they enjoy the scenery and food. The bird chirps made for a wonderful tune while the wind brought about a gentle breeze that swept up hair and blew leaves.

"So, how was your brake?" Asks Mew, looking up at the younger.

"Oh, um... it was okay. I got a part time job at this health clinic, which was cool. I mostly worked in the front getting people refills for their medication and things like that, though I did get to give one or two people their shots, which was honestly quite nerve wrecking, I was freaked out half the time being afraid I'd screw it up."

Mew laughs heartedly, his gums showing. "Well, it it sounds like you had a good time. I mean I can't say I spent my break jabbing needles into other people's arms." Gulf sends him a glare.

"How about you, how did you spend your break? You know, besides gambling and losing bets." It's Mew's turn to send Gulf a glare.

"Well, I also got a part time job, at a community help centre actually. One of my friends works there and he said they were a bit understaffed, so I volunteered there for a bit, and honestly it was quite fun. Like I got to spend a lot of time helping the kids that come in, and then every Thursday we'd have this lunch thing and all the kids and some teens would come by for the food and to hangout. I played guitar a few times for then as well. It was just super cool."

"Well damn. You're not all that much of an asshole as I thought you were." Mew flings a piece of noodle at him, to which Gulf only laughs, flinging it right back.