Chapter 12: Attraction

It was his alarm wasn't it? That incessant buzzing sound? It sure resembled the noise, almost to a T. But he didn't remember setting an alarm, but what else could that sound be?

Mew's half conscious thoughts swirled around his head as he barely registered his phone's buzzing sounds. He didn't want to acknowledge it, not while he felt so toasty and warm wrapped in his blanket.

Though, a few seconds later it finally struck his mind that the vibrating might be that his phone was ringing. With a lazy arm Mew reaches over to the mini drawers beside his bed, searching for his phone blindly and grabbing it once his finger make contact with the device.

That's when he cracks an eye open to see what was going on, and it was indeed a call, from who? He didn't think to check, and instead just swiped to answer, pressing the phone against his ear.

"Hello krab." He calls, voice raspy and low.

"Hello my dear, did you just wake up? It sounds like it."

Mew's eyes begin to flutter open at the sound of his mother's voice and he shifts in position, grunting. "Ah, yeah, I was just having a little nap."

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to disturb you dear."

"No no, it's fine. It's probably better that you called, so I didn't sleep for too long." He finishes with a yawn, closing his eyes for a couple seconds before opening them once more.

"Alright then." Mew can hear the smile in her voice, which gets a small grin appearing on his face.

"What'd you call for? Is anything wrong?" His mom chuckles on the other end.

"You always ask that. But no, everything's fine, I just wanted to call and check in on you. I didn't want to call earlier because I didn't know if you had work or would be busy, so I thought now might be a more appropriate time." Mew hums, beginning to wake up a bit more.

He manages to sit up, his back pressed against the wall. He looks over to the other bed, finding that Run wasn't back yet.

"Mm, well I didn't actually have work today, but I went out studying with a friend, and we were out for quite some time, and that tired me out quite a bit, I had to take a nap after I got home."

"Oh, I'm sorry about deary, but at least you're working hard."

"Yeah, I just can't believe I've still got another year after this, third year is already hard enough as it is." He groans, only to yawn right after. His mother laughs.

"But you're almost there, don't worry dear, you don't have too much longer to go and once it's done it's done, and you can come home and just relax." Mew laughs.

"You just want me to come home."

"Of course!"

"Mae, it hasn't even been that long since I left."

"Oh please, it's already the first day into October-"

"Yes? That's just over a month, not that long."

"Oh well I'm sorry that I miss having my son around." Mew smiles, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"I miss you too mae, and por and Siw. I always do."

"Yes and they miss you as well, even if they both act like they could care less, I swear, sometimes I wonder if I was actually the one who birthed Siw, she seems more like your father most days." His mother sighs, and Mew can just picture her head shaking.

"No... she's a big softy, she just pretends not to be."

"Yes, that's very much like how she likes to present herse-" Mrs Suppasit gets cut short at the sound of someone else speaking on the other end, and Mew instantly recognizes the voice to be his sisters'.