Confess

Jirou POV:
I was sitting across from Denki in a cafe. He had invited me for lunch and I accepted. Now, he had an urgent look on his face, like he wanted to say something.
"Denki, you good? Anything wrong?" I checked if Denki was okay.
He blushed. " I- yeah, I'm good. There's something I want to tell you, Jirou. I like you."
I was in shock. This was the first time someone confessed their love to me. I didn't want to be rude, but I was a lesbian. There was no way I could date him.
"Denki, I'm really sorry. It's just that I'm, well, a lesbian. I like being your friend, but we can't date."
I felt really bad. Denki looked at his food for a moment, and I wanted to comfort him.
All he said was, "Yeah. I kind of expected that. Let's still be friends, okay Jirou?"
I nodded. We finished eating a bit awkwardly. As we left, I thought of Denki. Sure, he was a great friend. But no more than that. I had feelings for someone else.

Momo POV:
Jirou had just got back from lunch with Denki. They were the best of friends, and I was sure they had feelings for each other.
All I wanted was for my Jirou to be happy, and if Denki made her happy, it was okay. But I felt hopeful. That maybe she loved me back.
"Hey, Momo. Come to my room? There's something I want to talk about," Jirou said.
I smiled and nodded. Could this be when my Jirou confesses her love?
I shoved those thoughts out of my head. I didn't want to let myself down.
When we got to Jirou's room, she motioned for me to sit. I did.
"Okay, Momo. I wanted to write a song for you, since you're important to me." As she said that, she blushed. "I wanted you to help me with the lyrics. Maybe something about tea? Just tell me about the things you love, and I can turn it into a song."
For the next thirty minutes, I told Jirou about the things I loved. My family, tea, reading, and saving others.
Jirou was silent, sometimes nodding and always writing on her notepad.
"And lastly, I love... well, I love you, Jirou."
I didn't know where it came from, but I said it. With a look of hope, I confessed my love to Jirou.