12: Bad Ideas

So...I did some lemon for this one. *///* 

~Levy~

Throughout my entire search with the blonde angel named Lucy, I couldn’t get Cana and Gajeel out of my head. Cana, what are you planning? I secretly hoped she didn’t scare him to death. Although I prayed I was wrong, I had a feeling I knew exactly what she was doing. She’s threatening him. I sighed, swatting a piece of hair that had fallen into my eyes. I’d been in such a rush after getting out of bed that I hadn’t even really brushed it.

“Levy?” Lucy asked, sounding almost hesitant.

“Yeah?” I met her brown eyes, curious. She had volunteered to go with me, but she hadn’t spoken a word in the half hour we had been walking around the concert hall.

“Gajeel told us you were a type of demon called a Poltergeist. Is that right?”

I nodded. “We call ourselves Geists most of the time.”

“Right. Well, he said your breed of demon is kind of the origin for the poltergeist ghosts, and that they are actually Geist demons.”

I recalled the conversation I’d had with Gajeel about it, when we had first met and I had hit him with my magic. It’s kinda funny how things turned out. Turning my attention back to the angel, I said, “that’s right.”

“Every demon gains their power from different sources. For a Succubus it’s sex, for a Raiju it’s fire, so for a Geist it would be…?” She looked at me, waiting for an answer.

I grinned. “Mischief. We cause mayhem, pull pranks—all that stuff. The more dangerous, the more power we gain.”

“So, what would happen if you didn’t cause mischief?” She asked.

I frowned. “I don’t know. I’ve never stopped before. Why should I?”

She shrugged. Although she remained silent, I could tell there was something she wanted to say. I sighed, crossing my arms and coming to a stop. “What?”

She hesitated a moment, biting her lip. Finally she met my eyes. “Could we be friends?”

Her question caught me so off guard that I felt my mouth fall open for a second. “What?” I repeated.

“I know I’m an angel and you’re a demon, but you don’t seem like a bad person to me. Sure, you’ve caused trouble at our concerts, but you’ve never hurt anyone. Like you just said, the more dangerous the mischief, the more power you gain. So if you were bad, you would have done something really dangerous by now to gain a lot of power. But you don’t seem to care about that. And,” she continued, as I stood there in shock, “you seem to really care about your friends. I’ve never met any demons like your group. You all seem to be close.”

“I don’t think Laxus would like the idea of you becoming friends with his biggest pest,” I smirked.

She chuckled. “Don’t let him fool you. Laxus is a big softie.” She leaned in closer, a mischievous grin on her face, “and I think he has the hots for your friend.”

“Cana?” I gasped.

She nodded, laughing.

“Kind of how you have the hots for Natsu?” I asked, smirking at her.

“N-Natsu?” Her face turned scarlet, and she began shaking her head fervently. “What? N-No, not at all. Sure, he’s good-looking, but I don’t—that’s—” she paused to clear her throat. “We should be heading back to meet up with the others. Our show will be starting soon.”