Chapter 2

Would I have ever thought that I would be sitting between two handsome guys playing video games as a job? Certainly not, but here I was. I watch both of them play, fascinated by how well they were trained to do so. With my arms plopped over my knees, I rest my face over my hands, awkwardly exposed to their backs.

Logan, the guy who oh-so easily defeated me in every round until a few minutes ago, was now miserably failing. All his skills went in vain as the battle ground was now in the hands of the new player. The sounds of constant clicking of buttons filled my ears with occasional puffs of annoyance.

I turn to Logan, only to find him furiously tapping on to the controller as beads of sweat rolled down his forehead. He exhaled, releasing some of the tension that had built up in his shoulders. Perhaps he didn't want to lose as much as I didn't want Zeke to win. We both desired the same thing.

My eyes unintentionally shift to Zeke who sat a few inches away from me. His muscular legs touch mine every now and then, making me gulp. His eyes are focused on the screen, but a part of my consciousness tells me that he can see me staring from the corner of his eyes. I quickly turn around, pushing away the thoughts and try to concentrate on the game.

The second my eyes land on the screen, the game comes to an end as the score of the players is displayed on the screen, Zeke being the clear winner. He throws away the controller from his hand, celebrating his victory. His head shifted in my direction, and he flashed me a smug grin. The look his eyes gave me was one of pure humility and I couldn't help but feel bitter about it.

I glanced back at Logan with screw up eyes who slumped deeper into his seat, anxiously rubbing his neck. He runs his hand through his dark curls, and I fight the urge to reach out and pat those silky strands. Now that I think back, this entire idea was absurd.

"That was an easy match," Zeke bragged while looking at me. His arrogance is unmatched. A mocking smile crossed his face, and if it wasn't for the fact that he was being so arrogant, I would've said that he looked pleasant. The dents on the sides of his face became more prominent. The only soft feature that adorns his stern face is the dimples.

Even though Zeke and Logan are as different as they could be in looks and personality, yet the dimples on both sides of their cheeks are quite the same. The only resemblance they mutually share.

"See, I told you," he began, his eyes suddenly looking deep into mine.

"I am better than you." He dictated every single word out slowly, and I nod just to shut him up. A slow smile crept onto his face as soon as I agreed. The only thing I could do was to wish to slap it off his face.

I shoot him a glare, "Yea right," as he ruffled his messy brown hair, triumphantly. I don't like his confidence.

Logan on the other hand sat behind us silently, his lips stretched into a straight line probably dissatisfied with losing. I was so busy looking at him, that I wasn't even aware of Zeke being so close to me.

Zeke shortened the distance between us and mockingly stared deep into my eyes. His sudden act caught me off-guard and I instinctively backed up. My eyes widened and the pressure built up in my chest, as his signature grin played on his lips. The way his eyes glisten with mischief, I can tell he enjoys doing this to me.

"Maybe" He begins his eyes gradually tracing down my face, giving me goosebumps. "You should play with me someday," he continues, letting out a little chuckle. His words hold a deeper sense to them.

I profusely blush under his gaze, and in an attempt to ignore the tingles I got from his closure, I quickly jump off the couch. His eyebrows raise ever-so-lightly taking in my movement and I feel utterly embarrassed.