Prolouge

Prologue  

"My name...... It's...ah......Kadyn. I can take down this place. I need your help. You can help me save us. Find me. Find me at the place where the sun never shines. Please. Save them!" 

The call ended right after that. I was confused who was this woman. How did she get my number and who can I save. It was all very strange. Another message popped up on my voicemail. 

"Hey Deene....... It's Ashley. I'm coming over. Maybe we can get to know each other better." 

This was very strange I just met Ashley today at the coffee shop. She had a sinister feeling about her. It was creepy. She came up to me took my phone, found my number wrote it down, and said she would call me. Then, she was gone. I opened my mail. What's in a name?  

"What's in a name? What does that mean?" 

BAM! 

My door was blown open. I jumped to the ground. 

"Deene" Ashley, I recognized, in a sing song voice, "Let's get to know each other." She said in a menacing way.  

"Ashley?" I'm nervous and scared. This day cannot get any worse. 

"Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not my name. It's funny. You won't even get my real name. The name of your killer." I was now face to face with her. Her blonde hair in a ponytail in the middle of her head. Green eyes dark like a haunted forest. Her limbs like tree bark. Rough and thick. She was a 20 foot oak tree with a desert eagle gun in front of my face. She was a strong tree. Thick. But all trees can get cut down. Out of the shadows a figure swiped its feet under her.  

Ashley fell but regained herself quickly. The figure pulled out a gun and shot Ashley, or whoever she was, in the chest. 

"Oh my God. I'm going to die. What the fuck is going on." 

"I don't have time to explain. You have to get to the place. The place where the sun never shines. Hurry!" 

Ashley rose from the ground and pulled the bullet out of her bullet proof vest. She shot the figure in the leg 

"Ahh!" it screamed and grabbed its leg. "Go! Now! Go!" was the last words it said before Ashley shot the figure six times. I got up and ran. I ran for my life. I heard Ashley yelp. The figure tried to shoot her but the bullet just grassed her arm. I pushed open the stair well doors. Just before they closed I heard Ashley chuckle.  

"Oh come on Deene. We were just getting to know each other. Why are you leaving so soon?" 

Without looking back I ran all the way down the stairs and out the back door. It was freezing outside. It was raining as well. I took off down the street.  

What's in a name is the question I was asking myself all day. If only I knew then what I know now. I could have saved her.