Chapter 5

Felix

"Hey Felix, what are you doing?" Chan interrupts my procrastination. Quickly throwing my phone away I accidentally push the volume button. Great, now Fireworks are blasting from that damn thing, for me unreachable in time from the space behind my bed.

"Uh, n-nothing." Oh god, this is embarrassing.

"Really?" He's staring at my red face with one of his brows raised while trying really hard to hold his laughter in.

When I finally turn the phone off, he asks me again.

"So will you tell me now?" I feel amusement in his voice.

"Well, just chilling and monitoring fancams;" Damn it, why have I said that? Chan doesn't even know how much power he has over me.

"Oooh fancam of Fireworks by Ateez? Whose fancam?" Jesus, he's gonna beg me for details and will tease me over this till the end of the world.

"S-San's one..." I answered, silently cursing myself for the stutter and blushing even more.

But Chan seems very chilled with that. "Yeah, he's a very talented dancer, even when he's a vocalist..." he says smiling at me with a hint of curiosity in his eyes, now sitting next to me on my bed.

"Yeah, his body proportions and facial expressions are no joke."

"I didn't know you liked him."

"Wha- I don't! I like Ateez' music and their choreos and energetic performance is no joke. I only admire them, okay?"

Suddenly my phone buzzes and the screen lights up, revealing my wallpaper - which consists of black and white edit of San during (my favourite) Inception era. I hate you Minho for daring me to do this. I should never make bets against you and Jisung again.

Chan now has a big grin plastered on his face. "Hey, it's alright to have a...role model, even among the younger groups." He excluded the word "crush" on purpose. "I've been admiring Hongjoong since he made the cover of 'Black or White'. I know that the society here wants us to think that it's bad to select idols for inspiration among the hoobaenim artists, but there's really nothing to be ashamed of."

I- wow, I've never thought he would be talking so openly to me. I'm glad that he managed to comfort me, since I can be sensitive about these personal things.

Wait. Has he just admitted he likes Hongjoong? It makes my head wonder, I have to ask.

"But...do you ever feel like there's some connection that binds you to Joong? Like when you see him, your heart starts pounding like crazy and you feel a warm feeling in your chest?" I don't think I will survive our collaboration with thoughts like this.

Chan grins at me even more. "Dude you're whipped. But don't worry, it will be gone soon, just don't make anything stupid during Kingdom.
But if you really like him, and want to hang out with him...I won't stand in your way, the only thing I want from you is to be careful - you're still young and I don't want you to experience this kind of pain."

I don't know what to say. I just sit here, flustered. I want to yell at him for teasing me, but he also comforted me and hasn't scolded me for having that kind of feelings towards another male.

"Thanks hyung." I whisper with a hoarse voice.

He lets me lean on him and wraps his arms around me. "Oh by the way, have you seen Changbin? That's actually why I came here."

"I thought he's still in the studio. If not, maybe he's on a date with Wooyoung, gossiping about how nobody understands his humor." I reply with a bored empty voice, a sting of jealousy being felt in the back of my throat from the fact that another guy I like is having fun with someone else.

And I'm slowly realising I have feelings for Wooyoung too... It's slightly different though. San is more of a platonic first crush I've admired since I've seen his stage presence during their comeback with Inception, for Wooyoung I fell during the Kingdom. It's not that I didn't know him or ignored him - I don't even know why I didn't notice him sooner.

I was aware about his friendship with Binnie, but never had an opportunity to talk with him much. His real life aura is so addictive and strong, it could manipulate anything to be his friend or more. That social butterfly personally enthralled like half of the k-pop industry.

Chan bursts with laughter, and a few seconds after I'm laughing too. I've never been captivated in a sad mood for long, if there's someone who can pull me out of it. I always make sure that everybody has a good time, and if not, my fluffy chaotic sunshine energy fixes it.

There's still one question I have to ask.