chapter 7

-------------------------------

M/n Pov

-------------------------------

As soon as Tanjiro sliced his boulder I came out of the shadows and sliced my boulder with ease, surprising him. Tbh I finished learning how to control my strength around 3 months ago, I was just waiting for Tanjiro to cut his because I didn't want to make him feel bad. (so pure he waited for him to cut rock.🥺). As I walked up and congratulated him with head pats, Urokodaki walked up behind us.

Urokodaki: I honestly didn't think you would cut through the boulder. Nor did I think M/n wouldn't cheat with his demon abilities. But you both proved me wrong today. You both are truly remarkable.

(He holds us both close to his chest)

Urokodaki: Please make sure you come back alive from Final Selection. Nezuko will be waiting for you both.

-----------------------
Time skip
-----------------------
After sharing a large meal as a celebration for completing training, I was helping Tanjiro cut his hair with my claws, while he used shears on the other side of his head. 

After we were don I grabbed his hair and finger combed it back into an appropriate style that won't get in his way. And to finish it off  I slid one of my hair clips from my now overgrown h/c head over to his. He looked so adorable with his hair short but I kind of do miss the long hair.

As I finished doing Tanjiro, I started to comb my own hair out which was now at my mid back. I silently listened as Urokodaki broke the silence.

Urokodaki: Tanjiro, M/n how was the hot pot?

Tanjiro: It  was great! I haven't feasted like that in so long!

*you gave a hum in agreement with Tanjiro*

Urokodaki: Growing boys like you get stronger the bigger your meals are but that goes the same for demons too. Remember that, especially you M/n. 

Tanjiro: So id they eat a lot they will be hard to defeat?

Urokodaki: correct they can get physical traits and even learn spells.

( he gets up and opens a cabinet  and pulls out two fox mask)

Urokodaki: These are called 'warding mask' they are made to protect you from harm

 (as he handed you your mask you notice it was different from Tanjiro. Yours was a black kitsune mask with white liner around the eye holes as well as many white and gray designs.)

)