Chapter 1 - Adrien's P.O.V.

I walk towards my bed, Plagg following me. I climb in. Same bed, different feeling. It feels just a little bigger now. I wish Marinette was next to me but I burned that bridge along time ago as Adrien.

I can’t sleep. It's almost five in the morning. I think I’ll just go take a drive, maybe that’ll calm my nerves. I walk down stairs and head outside. I hop into my sports car and drive out of the garage and head down the streets driving on autopilot as I think about Marinette. I should’ve told her how I felt. I turn on the music. The song that Marinette and I danced to at Chloe's party and in New York was playing. I remember when Marinette and I dance to it. It was one of the best nights of my life but of course I was too stupid back then. But it’s Our Song on the radio but it doesn't sound the same anymore.

My phone starts to vibrate in my pants. I take it out and press the answer button. “Hello?”

“Hey, dude. Alya, Marinette, and I are wondering if you want to go to the movies tonight. If you are, could you pick marinette up? She said she failed her driver's test last weekend and since you have a driver's  license, could you pick Marinette up?”, Nino says. Marinette. Every time when our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down. 

“Uh... Ya. Sure. What time?”, I ask.

“Could you pick Marinette up at 4:30?”, Nino asks 

“Please, don’t say her name”.

“Why?"

“'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name”.

“You mean hers?” 

“Ya. My words haven’t been making sense lately. Sorry”.

Pain and dreed took over me making me park the car on the side of the road. And it all just sounds like, ''ohhh ohhh ohhh ohhh. Mm... too dumb, too young to realize, that I should have bought you flowers and held your hand. Should have given you all my hours when I had the chance. And taken you to every party ‘cause all you wanted to do was dance. I'm such an idiot. 

Now my baby’s dancing, but she’s dancing with another man. 

At 4:30 

I walk up to her door. I can do this. I have to tell her how I feel and how sorry I am and if she rejects me, which she will probably do then on to Plan B and if she rejects me again, it's on to Plan C. If that doesn't work then I'm totally dead.

I walk up to her door and knock. I hear a thump and someone yell 'I’m alright', probably Marinette. The door swings open, making the once stale air now rush past me. 

“Oh! Hi, Adrien. Are you picking me up?”. She smiled but it looked a little forced. 

“Um... Ya but I have to tell you something before we leave”.

“Sure. Shoot'', she smiles. One of her forced ones, her real ones, were way better. Why couldn’t she give one to me as Adrien.

“My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life”. 

“Adri..” I took her hands into mine.

“Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made”. I look into her eyes pleading to let me finish. She gives a little nod but it looks strained like she doesn’t what me to continue or hold her hand so I let go. 

“Oh and that haunts me every time I close my eyes”.

“I-I love you Marinette”. That sends her over the edge.