Chapter 2

The Decent Into Hell Isn't Easy

Adriana's POV.

"Clary. Clary, come on. We got to go." I demanded.

"Simon, I think Anna can help us." Clary tells him. "What?" Simon look at Clary with a betrayal look.

"Come on." Clary tells Simon. "How do we now if this girl that looks like she wants to kill right now going to help?" Simon asks.

"Mundane, we don't have time. Hurry up or I'll really kill you right now." I say. "Come on Simon let's go." Clary calls out to him.

Clary, Simon, I go into the institute. For mundane's it's dark and abandoned. I drew a rune Simon looked at it and start freaking out.

"I know, trust me." Clary tells Simon. "Is she like burning herself?"

I take Simons hand. "Miss what going on? I don't think I'm your type, I don't even know how to talk to attractive fem-"

"Oh for the love of god shut up!" I shout. He sees the Institute and starts asking questions.

"Where are we? What the hell? Clary, is there some war going I don't know about?"

"There is now." I say.

"I think my mother's in the center of it." Clary adds with a soft sign.

"You coming?" I ask Simon.

"Yeah. What is this place? There's a lot of gear in hear. What they do rob a tech shop? So these cold-blood serial killers are going to help us?" Simon rambles.

"She's not a killer. She's protecting us." Clary says. "Specifically, you. It's sorta our thing." I say. "Your thing? Y'all have a thing?" He asks obviously jealous.

"She means a shadowhunter thing. That's what they do, protecting humans from demons." Clary tells Simon.

"Demons, right. That's make's perfect sense, 'cause there are demons running around New York." Simon sarcastically says.

"That is the first correct thing you said all day." I say giving him my best sarcastic smile.

I start doing something's on the computer touch screen in the ops center. A camera show's up with to policeman in front of the church.

"Won't they find us?" Clary hesitate stepping forward. I grab her by the waist and pull her closer so she can see, Simon watches in jealousy.

"No. Our wards with deter them." I soothe her still holding her waist.

OFFICER: [on camera] Police.

"And the NYPD will do their typical mundie things for a few hours and the area will be clear."

"What going on? What is a mundane doing in the Institute?" Alec said. "A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." I Inform him.

"A Circle rune, just like the ones who took my mother." Clary says.

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon asks.

"All we know is.... a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed.... including my father." Jace says.

I let go of her waist and hug him he quickly accepts it.

"And since the revolt we been forbidden to even hear about the Circle."

"But how is that even possible? It's your history." Clary remarks.

"Says the girl who didn't know she's was a shadowhunter." I grin at her.