Chapter 4

THE INSTITUTE
3rd person POV.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundane's?" Clary asks.

"Be cause we protect humans Clary." Jace and I walk around the ops centre, Jace stands next to me while I sit on the table that's in the center of the room.

"Your right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." She sarcastically says.

Finally Adriana had enough of Clary acussing people. Adriana goes over to Clary and glares down at her.

"You Know What. I.Had.Enough.Of.You! You Don't Get To Go Around Blaming People Okay! Izzy Left Simon In The Van Because She Heard Something And Went To Check It Out. But When She Came Back Simon Was Gone. That's Not Her Fault. Maybe I Should Send You To Valentine Myself." Adriana says to Clary.

Clary has tears in her eyes. "I need to cool down." Adriana said before walking away to the training room.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup and they think you have it." Jace says.

"But why would they think that. Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's a magic cup, I hid on a planet called Bongo but don't tell anyone. What I'm I suppose to do now?" Clary walks in circles.

"We have to report to the Clave." Alec reminds. "They have to know we learned about Valentine."

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do simon?"

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup." Adriana says walking in with just a sports bra and black leggings on.

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters?" She states confused.

"Nobody want Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec says.

"Plus, it controls demons." Iz adds.

"They'll propose a trade, Simon for the cup." Jace tells Clary.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it among themselves?"

"So, this doesn't matter to you?" Alec grits his teeth.

"Yes! Of course it matters. Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you." She turns towards Adriana. "Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight."

"It's true. She was raised as a mundane."

"What are you izzy, her spokesman now?"

"I don't need a spokesman, I need a plan."

[HOTEL DUMORT]

Simon is in locked in a room. He looks though the glass and pounds on the door.

"Hello! Anyone!? I'm just accounting student. I have no value to anyone. And I barely saw your faces, so if you let me go, I couldn't even identify you. Not that I would 'cause you guys are vampires! Who would believe me? I didn't even know you guys existed until yesterday! Is anyone there?"

Raphael appears on the other side of the door. Simon falls on his butt. Raphael walks in the room.

"If your goal is to scare the crap out of me, mission accomplished!" Simon desperately says.

"Raphael slams the door behind him.

"And as far I'm concerned... you can have it out with those Shadowhunters. Especially, the sassy bitchy brunette."