Eight: To Win the Man's Heart

As time went on, I started to get nervous. I didn't know what to expect. It's not like I was hitting on my teachers every year. Because I wasn't emotionally involved in this, I was afraid that I would fail. That I won't be persuasive enough, that Lupin will sense that I'm not doing it for real reasons.

The door creaked and Lupin stepped into the classroom. He gave me a quick glance and walked silently towards the stairs. "Come with me." was all he said.

I followed him obediently. When we got to his quarters, I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't want to spoil it. I wasn't sure if I should be confident and take control, or if he'd prefer me to be quiet and sensitive.

"I'm going to ask you something and you have to answer me honestly." He stood in front of me, folding his hands over his chest. I nodded. "Do you really want it? Want... me?"

In his eyes I saw anxiety and anticipation at the same time. I reached out to touch his face. He closed his eyes, clinging to my left hand at his cheek. The sight stung my heart, but I still replied "There's nothing else I want more then you right now."

If there is hell, I'll surely get a special place in it.

He took my hands in his and gently removed them. "We can't do this." He said softly. I thought I was going to strangle myself. "We would be breaking so many rules. You're not even of age. I feel terrible for my own thoughts."

"Shhh, don't talk." I silenced him. I put my hand on his chest. "You're not doing anything wrong. Besides, I'm seventeen in a week."

"Oh god." He whined, turning to face the ceiling.

I cupped his face again, forcing him to look at me. "Don't think about it. Let's just... see where it takes us."

This time our kiss was different. It was passionate, strong, intense. Lupin pulled me closer and held me tight as if I was about to run away. As if he was afraid I would change my mind. I had no reason to. No one has ever kissed me with such fervour, with so much desire. He was pouring his feelings through his lips and he had many. I didn't expect him to be such a good kisser.

"Want me to stay?" I whispered to his mouth. I felt his smile.

"No. No, it won't be that way." He straightened up and wrapped his arms around me. I nestled against his neck and he rested his chin on top of my head. "I'm not going to take advantage of you."

Oh no, you're not, I thought. I was first.

"Suit yourself." I rubbed my lips against his jaw, then placed a kiss on his neck. He tried to keep his posture, only swallowed hard. "You'll be asking me soon." I gently bit his skin.

I was so proud of myself I couldn't shake the smile on my face as I secretly returned to the dungeons that night. Someone might think that I was indeed in love if they saw me.

In the morning, I was flooded with questions, obviously. What did I do last night when I wasn't in the dormitory? Who was with me? Lupin? Any luck? Tell us how it went!

So I told them.

"He was like you really love me? Please tell me you love me... Sad puppy eyes." I laughed with my head on Jaylee's lap. The four of us were sitting in one of the gardens surrounding the Greenhouses. The weather was so nice that we decided to steal some food from the Great Hall and have a picnic.

"Pathetic. He probably has dreams of you with your clothes off." Wilton shook his head, a hideous smirk on his face.

"You earned my respect, Ethel." confessed Jaylee stroking my hair. "I wouldn't be able to do that. Kiss someone like him."