shadow's cat obsession

Shadow would usually just chaos control home back to the house, but conserving energy is his top priority today.

He felt people sneak glances at him. At this point, he's used to it.
I mean, can ya blame them? He's shadow the hedgehog, sonic's husband. Of course they'll stare.

There's also the fact that he's tried to destroy the world, then saved it twice, and is also the only other mobian on earth right now but that's besides the point.

His temper died down a tad after a couple of years, so people these days deem him slightly more approachable than before, but still cautious when interacting with the ultimate life-form,
Which is fine by him, since he likes his space.

Does sonic want anything? Shadow thought, as he passed by several mini markets, coffee shops, and cafes.

Probably not. He grinds his own coffee beans at home, he'll make his own drink if he felt like it.

Ah, yes. Sonic. His wonderful, wonderful, health frea- enthusiast husband. The last time he got him a cappuccino from Starbucks, all hell broke lose as the hedgehog went on a rant on how overpriced and unnecessary it is.

"It's fucking milk with a dash of coffee, these bastards are skimping out on us!" Were his exact words, and it became the day sonic's grudge against Starbucks started.

Thank fuck he didn't order the frappe.

Never again. Shadow thought, shuddering. Measuring sugar will never be the same for him.

Suddenly, a tug on his pants made him jump and snapped him out of his thoughts.

After being so lost in thought, suddenly being brought back to reality left him slightly disoriented, while looking around for the culprit.

It took him a second to process that the bottom of his pants were still  being clutched by a hook or some sort,

So he looked down.

"Meow" the cat said, returning his gaze.

"Shadow what the FUCK."

Sonic was so done.

His idiot of a husband brought a cat home.

Don't get him wrong, he loves cats, all animals really,

And he didn't mind being responsible, so there's nothing wrong there,

Sonic wouldn't have minded having more company, the house DOES get Lonely

If not for the fact this has happened before.

Once, twice, a third time, FOURTH, FIFTH, SI-

Sonic was getting pissed fast, so he took a deep breath, and exhaled.
He knew he needed to stay rational.

They had 7 cats. If they took this one in, they would have 8. Shadow is just being himself, and taking in random cats that comes up to him. He's a dumbass, but sonic loves him very much.

Once he had his thoughts and emotions under control, he looked at the cat and at shadow once again, pondering on what to do.

There's just too many to keep track of, no matter how much he loves them all.

Anxiety began creeping in, as he started to overthink. What would happen if they hated eachother? What if they killed eachother? What if they get trapped, what if they jump in the washing machine, what if they find rat poison what if they get sick from the wrong type of cat food what if he got the wrong brandwhatif-"meow"

Right. Cat. Don't overthink. It's fine.

Buttercup came up and started rubbing on the hedgehog's leg. she sniffed the air, suddenly becoming aware of the newcomer.

Heh. He remembers the day buttercup was brought back. She was always the most quiet one out of all of them
Though he's not sure if it's sensibility or pure laziness.

Reminisce later, deal with the new one now.

"Shadow, sweetie, we talked about this. There's a limit to how many cats you can bring back, and you've surpassed that a long time ago." Sonic tried to reason, but he knows there's no point. Shadow can be both persuasive and stubborn,
And like said before, sonic loved animals.

Guess they have another new member of the family now

It isn't even Wednesday yet, for god's sake- Sonic thought.