Chapter 7: Saving Lusamine

"If we don't take care of the Ultra Beast, my mother's Pokémon will keep reviving without end." He said. "We need to get my mother out of there, or else the others battling will be in danger."

"Gladion, Caite!" Ash called. "If we combine our Z-moves, we might be able to stop the Ultra Beast!"

"But, the thing is...I already used Continental Crush against Absol..." Gladion's voice trailed off.

Suddenly, the Ultra Beast took some rocks and built a tower to stay away from them.

"Mother!" Lillie shouted as she ran to climb the tower.

"Lillie! Stop!" Gladion ran after her.

"Gladion and Caite," Lillie said. "I have something important to tell mother! Please, let me handle this." She climbed farther up.

"As soon as we sense danger, we move." Gladion told Caite. She nodded.

As Lillie got to the top, she looked angry. "You know what?" She said. "I hate you!!" The Ultra Beast stopped moving.

"It stopped..." Gladion said.

"You treat me like nothing more than a little baby!" Lillie yelled. "But you're acting like a baby! A totally selfish, immature child! The way you're acting right now, you're not really my mother..."

"Mother, come out! If you are really my mother, you'd be able to come out all by yourself." She said, holding out her hand to the Ultra Beast.

"And that is my logical conclusion!"

"Lillie?" Lusamine seemed to say.

"Mother!" Lillie shouted.

Lusamine reached her hand out to try and grab Lillie's hand. Gladion's eyes lit up and he looked relieved. Caite smiled.

Suddenly, the Ultra beast grabbed Lusamine's hand and trapped her in a swirl of its powers. Lillie gasped.

"No!"

"Mother!" Gladion shouted and jumped on Silvally. "Come on Caite, we have to get Lillie out of there!"

Caite jumped on Silvally and the two of them rode up the tower to save Lillie.

Just before Lillie got hit by the Ultra Beast, Caite hoisted her out of the way to save her. They went back down to where Ash was.

"It's gotten bigger!" Ash exclaimed.

"It's unbelievable!" Gladion said as he got off Silvally.

"Ash!" Caite called to him.

"Let's use our Z-moves as soon as possible! It's the only way to stop that Ultra Beast!"

"Right! Let's do it, Pikachu!" Ash pumped his fist.

"As poisonous as the muddiest waters..." She said. "Give us your power, to reign on for eternity!" The Z-power came and covered Nidoqueen. "Now, use Acid Downpour!" She yelled. Nidoqueen used the move with as much power as it could muster.

Pikachu used 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, a Z-move Caite never saw before.

As the two Z-moves clashed upon the Ultra Beast, it let up a thick cloud of smoke and wind. After it cleared, the Ultra Beast dropped down, weakened.

The four of them ran over to them to see if Lusamine was okay. Her hand reached out from the Ultra Beast.

"Mother! I got you!" Lillie cried as she grabbed her mother's hand. Gladion and Caite grabbed her hand too. They pulled as hard as they could until the goo cleared.