His Epilogue

3 years later.

"Great job, Kun. You've worked hard."

Kun smiles in relief at his assistant as he adjusts himself in the car to find the best spot to lean his sore body, "It's the first live stage of this song, after all. You've worked hard too," he replied, pressing his eyelids together to ease the fatigue a bit.

As a top singer-songwriter, he occasionally joins the variety shows as a guest star, also announced as brand spokesperson and ambassador of multiple global brands, making him bounce to one place and another, time by time, tying him to the tight schedule.

But that's fine. As much as tiring it is, he enjoys it.

Still, the exhaustion is also real and undeniable. Right he just starts dozing off, his phone is buzzing in his pocket.

> Lu Keke          : kun i watched it online!

> Minion Yibo  : Me too

> Minion Yibo  : Not bad huh

> Lu Keke          : that was amazing tho

Kun stifles a laugh reading the unhonest comments from his buddy.

C'mon, don't be shy and praise me frankly @Minion Yibo <

> Minion Yibo   :

> Minion Yibo   : Ok that's one quite good

> Lu Keke           : do u know kun, yibo bought 300 copies of ur album

> Minion Yibo   : UNSEND @Lu Keke

> Minion Yibo   : LU KERAN

Lmao I've seen it <

Both Keran and Yibo are doing great, too. Besides being top-tier singer-songwriters, Yibo also sends any variety show he joined to the top of charts, while luxury brands are 'fighting' over Keran to make her their muse. The fame on their grasps doesn't drive their friendship away. On the contrary, it deepens their bonds even more.

Kun learns that in this showbiz world, he can't really trust anyone. Besides, living in this showbiz world can't be less different to living under the magnifying glass —everyone is inspecting every move he does.

Having Keran and Yibo with him, Kun couldn't be more grateful. They have full trust in each other, and got each other's backs. Now, he needs to think more than twice in every step he takes, even the trivial one —not only to protect himself, but also to protect the people he cares about. Kun would be lying if he said it didn't give him any pressure at all.

Now I truly understand why she restrained herself that much, Kun thought.

...

'She'.

He turns his body a bit, looking up to the sky through the dark-tinted car window. It's lightly raining outside. The raindrops on the window are sparkling under the pale sunlight, like scattering tiny crystals.

A certain figure surfacing from the back of his mind, sharpens into a vivid and clear one as it shoves his fatigue away, replacing it into another feeling he knows well, yet unwilling to admit.

It's a wrenching longing.

She ...huh? Kun recited in his mind. The quiet splattering drizzle against the car only makes his thoughts sound louder in his head.