Her Epilogue

"Yuxin?"

Yuxin flinches, "Yeah?"

"Geez, earth to Yuxin. Were you even listening to me?" Xue'er folds her arms on her chest, grumping at Yuxin.

"Sorry, I was dozing off..." Yuxin leaned closer to Xue'er in guilt, "What was that again?"

Xue'er sighs, she knows Yuxin was working in her studio until dawn, so she'll let this slide off, "Forget it. Anyway," she said as she shoves her phone to Yuxin's face. It displays five rows of songs along with the singer's name. It is the most influential music chart on the Mainland, so the mentioned songs must be very popular to be spotted there.

The wavy-haired girl's grumpy expression melts into a very adorable smile, "Congratulations for topping the chart again!"

Yuxin blinks twice at Xue'er's phone screen. She found her name continues to stay there for weeks, as the other following songs and names keep changing.

Or to be precise, for the third to fifth spot only.

The second spot also has not changed. A song that belongs to a name she knows very well.

It's him.

"Thanks, Xue'er." she smiles gently at the older latter, ignoring the side feeling on her chest, "We should have our pas de deux soon."

Xue'er glares at her in disbelief, "Talk to YOUR inhumane busy schedule." And Yuxin only stifles a laugh.

Yuxin does impressively well. Just when people thought she could not be better anymore, at the same time she keeps raising the standard every each day, evolving her skills and breaking the limits. It makes people enthusiastically look forward to her next 'surprise' whether it's her stage, interview, magazine concepts and many more.

Xue'er and Yuyan are doing very well, too. Besides stages, Xue'er also starred in many dramas ―she even got invitations for being a female lead in some box-office movies, while Yuyan is now having exclusive interviews here and there for her upcoming new album.

After Xue'er left for her drama's filming, another deafening silence creeps into Yuxin's apartment again.

She thought that this apartment would be only a temporary rest house while she's working. But after that day, she ended up living there until now. I had jinxed it, huh... she internally mocks at herself.

Him, she recited that pronoun in her mind.

It has been three years.

Honestly, Yuxin still kept her eyes on him for a while after the day she decided to leave him. She wanted to make sure she cleaned up the mess completely and not let any of those paparazzi or whoever would try to snuck into his life.

Fortunately, it seemed those paparazzi really kept their word. Well, indeed they signed an agreement, but nobody is naive enough to fully put their trust in the people who just took their photos sneakingly like that, right?

To be said, everything went with her plan very well.

After leaving him that way, she was sure there would be nothing left inside his heart but anger for her.

And that was indeed her intention.

So I could cut our ties completely.

Deep down, she knows she was too selfish. She never asked his opinion. She never asked how he felt. She knows before the anger, she has hurt him deeply.