Chapter 9

Our long lasting eye contact broke when the door behind Shoto open.

"Princess y/l, sir Todoroki you have been called down to the meeting room" it was David one the older butlers.

"Why?" I asked. Slight annoyance in my voice. I didn't want to socialize right now.

Shoto gave me look saying "come on". I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms and started walking to the door.

David closed the door behind me and Shoto. He was about 10 meter in front of me and Shoto that was walking by my side.

"Do you know why they want us there?" I whisper

He sighs

"I do."

"...well?." I rolled my wrist gesturing for him to countine.

"Todoroki."

He didn't respond.

I got slightly annoyed. I open my mouth to say something but before air could even leave my mouth the great big doors to the meeting room opened.

My dad sat in a big chair. Shoto's dad next to him. My dad was the first person u saw when you walked in. Kigths where sitting around the rest of the tables placed to form a huge square filling the whole room except for the middle that was empty.

"Please sit down" my dad says.

"Why am I her-"

"Sit.down." he interruptes.

I didn't feel like agruging infront of all these people so I sat down.

"The reason the captain came here today is different from what you may think" my dad started.

"He didn't come here just for chatting. No he didn't. The reason why they have gathered here today is because both us and their land have been receiving threats."

Threats? What does he mean by that?

"A distant enemy land wants us to fight. They want to rule. They want to have power. And so they want to start a war they already planning it. We don't know how long it is until they attack."

I froze at my father's words. Attack? War? I don't want that. Nobody that's sane would want that.

"Therefore they're here." My dad continued "we are planning our battle. Planning when,where and how."

"Why didn't I come along then? " I asked.

" Because y/n. You are not a knight. You're the princess. You shall be protected. You are not going to fight this battle " My dad said.

His words fuelled me with anger. I want to fight. I'm not going to sit back and watch as people of my land get slaughtered.

My father continued.

" You will stay in this castle and you will not leave. The furthers you will go with in the garden. And you will be protected 24/7 "

His words only made me angrier and angrier by the second.

"No! " I slammed the table protesting scaring a few people around me in the process. " I have a strong qurick. I've basically mastered it at this point I'm strong I'm capable of fending for myself and if I can fend for myself I can figth for others that can't fend for themselves. I will not! I repeat I will not! Be protected whatever that means. Yes I'm the princess Yes I'm not a soldier but it does not mean I'm able to fight."

"Y/n-" My dad tried to interrupt.

"As a princess I will fight for this land I will not sit back and watch as the people I love and I'm supposed to protect be slaughtered. Go ahead, enemy land attack I'll be ready and nobody will stop me!"

"Enough! " My dad slammed table harder than me. The room shook from the slam.  " You shall be protected and you will stay in this castle until the war is over." He yelled

I looked him dead in the eyes. Anger filled my e/c eyes. I turned around the chair screeching across the floor as I do so. It echoed through the room but not as much as the door slamming behind me did. I I walked out of the room and started speed walking with angered steps towards my chamber.

A couple of maids and butlers tried stopping me on my way seeing my negative emotion. I put out my hand to thier face every time they tried speaking. I didn't want to interact with anyone at the moment.

As I came to my chamber I opened my door and slammed it behind me. Anger was was swimming and swirling around in my body. I was so pissed I was so angry was so frustrated so irritated so annoyed any type of angry emotion you can think of I was feeling right now.

I walked back and forth around my chamber trying to resist the urge to just grab anything and throw it against the wall. I grab my head and start lightly tugging my hair. The light tugging slowly became more violent.

"Agh! " I yelled enraged.

I couldn't let this happen I couldn't let my father control me. I will fight no one will stop me. I'm confident I can do this I believe in myself. But if I actually wanted to step out of the castle I needed to come up with a plan.