Chapter 8

He closed the door behind him. Click. The door is closed. I don't look back at him but I feel his eyes on me. I walk over to my window. The room is silent. Well it was until he started talking.

"I'm sorry for scaring you back in the garden."

"Tch.. you didn't scare me you just acted like a bitch."

"I'm sorry" I didn't look back at him but based of his previous actions I bet he was bowing down to me.

"As you should be"

"May I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Only if I get to ask you first"

"Go ahead."

"What's your name? It's Sojo rigth?"

He chuckled

"No it's Shoto. Shoto Todoroki.'

"Is that your last name?"

"No first."

"Are you the big buff guys guard or something?"

"No I'm his son."

"How old are you?."

"16"

I turn my head around to look at him. We make eye contact. My e/c met his grey and torquise eyes.

"Why didn't you tell my parents the truth?"

"I did."

"No. You didn't." I turn around to completely. He hadn't moved he was still by the door.

"You told them 'sorry' even though it was my fault you were in the castle. You were looking for me after I ran off correct?"

He inhales and exhales.

"I saw your father's expression. I didn't want to get you in trouble."

"What?" I was confused. He could've told the truth and not gotten in trouble. But instead he blamed it on him self. And also what dose he mean my dad's 'expression'?

"Your dad looked mad. Looked mad at you after my dad said that I was supposed to look after you. I thought maybe he would get even more angry if he found out what you did. So I- well I didn't lie but I did say the whole truth either" he smiled awkwardly.

I smiled. A genuine smile.

"Thank you. He would have gotten mad. I hate being treated like a royal just because my family is. I love my position as princess of Westriya but I would also love being a normal citizen. My parents don't necessarily like that. So they continue treating me like a saint. They send a bunch of people to do things for me that I'm completely capable of doing myself."

"That's why you were mad at me?"

"Yea.. that's why my dad was mad too. I have attacked many people they sent to take care of me. So when you showed up I thought they hired someone new. Someone new that's my age and handsome in hopes that I won't attack them." Fuck. I said handsome? Out of all words to describe his appearance I chose handsome?

"I understand. I should have not been so quick. I should have taken it slower. First introduce myself. Then tell you why I was there. And then helped you" he said. Did he just gloss over the handsome part or did he not hear me? Maybe he was used to being called nice words so it didn't surprise him.

"May I ask a question now?"
He asked.

"You already used up your questions."

"Fine."

Wow. He respected my boundaries.

He is kinder then some of the boys I've met before.

Our long lasting eye contact broke when the door behind Shoto open.

"Princess y/l, sir Todoroki you have been called down to the meeting room"