Epilogue

They held hands.

Bucky and Sam.

Showing signs of affection in public was strange to Bucky but with Sam it felt right.

They were moving.

Bucky hadn't planned on going back to New York. He had begun thinking that he didn't like the huge city. He did like New York but what he didn't like was not being around Sam.

'Hey Buck!'

Bucky turned away from putting their luggage in the car. His friend stood beaming at him. His stomach lurched as it did everytime he saw Sam.

'Sam!'

He wanted to hug Sam but he still didn't know if it was OK. Sam made the decision for him, grabbing him and crushing him in a hug.

'Sam... I think we need to address something'
'Oh... What?'

Sam pulled away from Bucky's arms, frowning. Bucky tilted his head. The sun shone brightly in the sky.

'What are we?'

Sam frowned at the question. He seemed stuck. Bucky was scared for his answer. Suddenly before he could react Sam grabbed him and kissed him. Hard.

'Ah...Sam someone might see'
'I don't care. I love you. That's all that matters'

Bucky blushed. Ah why did Sam have to be so adorable.

Bucky paused.

'Are we... I mean... Are you my....'

Sam smiled widely, a glint in his eye.

'Your boyfriend? If you want me to be'

Bucky relaxed. He let himself smile and he reached out for Sam's hands.

'Yes! Yes'

He didn't want to sound too eager. But Sam knew.

'Sam! Bucky! Before you two go you should have lunch!'

Sam and Bucky turned to Sarah standing at the doorway to the house. She smiled fondly at their closeness.

'OK!'

They walked in for lunch.

*Eating lunch*

Bucky looked down at his plate as he ate, not wanting to draw anymore attention to himself. It was bad enough that he had a metal arm - he had already adjusted to that - but now it was clear he had a relationship with Sam.

And that made Bucky nervous.

Sam could see Bucky's obvious stress and discomfort. He took his hand under the table, squeezing it tightly. Bucky relaxed at the familiar touch.

Sam smiled wider.

Aj was staring at Bucky. Bucky could not tell why.

It was... Unnerving.

Finally the kid spoke.

'Mom. Are uncle Sam and Bucky boyfriends?'

Bucky froze. Sam choked on his food laughing. Sarah laughed as well. Bucky patted Sam on the back and he began coughing.

Sarah looked pointedly at Sam.