Baking

Friday

Bucky woke to the sound of bickering. Sam and Sarah. He listened for a minute.

'Why.... But.... Don't tell me....'

Snippets of words. The bickering got louder, more angry and he decided. He forced himself to sit up and stumbled into the kitchen.

Aj, Cass, Sam and Sarah were all there. Sam was arguing with Sarah while Aj and Cass attempted to help.

'-You can go out for coffee with some friends-'
'I'll come mom-'
'-You can get donuts-'
'-But why do you want me to leave?'

All there voices collided together, confusing Bucky.

'Guys, guys. What's wrong?'

They all turned to Bucky and he was greeted by a glare. He was taken aback. They all looked extremely similar. It was unnerving.

'What's wrong?' he repeated.

Sarah began speaking before Sam could. She looked stressed and irritated.

'When I cane downstairs this morning Sam and the kids had made me breakfast. After I finished it they attempted to make me leave.'

She glared at Sam, causing him to wince.

'And they won't tell me why'

Sam was shooting Bucky a look. Ugh. Bucky didn't want to but he had to.

'Sarah. We had a plan for today. Its for a.... Surprise. Could you please go out with the kids?'

Sarah's expression switched to one of amusement.

'A plan? Hm...'

Sam and Bucky shared a look. Both were perplexed.

'What kind of plan?'

Bucky paused. He opened his mouth to make an excuse-

'Fine. I don't actually want to know. Since you asked so nicely and kind of explained yourself... Unlike some people-'

She glared at Sam and her kids.

'I'll go then.'

She turned to go upstairs to get her bag.

'Kids, come on!'

Aj and Cass ran to get ready.

Bucky and Sam shared a sigh of relief. Bucky clenched his right fist, relieved but slightly tense. He was going to be spending a whole day just with Sam.

No one but them.

'Thanks Bucky. You really have a way with her'

Bucky raised an eyebrow.

'Uh... Thanks?'

Sam laughed and went to say goodbye to Sarah and the kids.

'Now don't come back until around 5 for dinner'

Sarahs eyes widened and Bucky walked towards her. He pulled out a 20 and offered it to her.