Chapter 17

"Damn, Sierra works fast." Nick mutters, his eyes narrowed.

"I don't think it's about that." I say, thinking logically. "She's not that stupid, I mean, if she knew I heard her,why would she go on with the plan?"

"True that." Nick says. "I think you should go now." He adds after.

"Oh. Right." I remember.

For the third time, I make my way through the crowd of students, although this time there are less, because most of them are on the dance floor. I finally reach the doors of the gym, and I spot the principal standing there, with two armed policemen.

"You're not in trouble Ellie." A police man reassures me. "It's about your parents."

"Do I have to talk about them? I really don't want to." I tell them, in a whiney voice.

"According to the law," The man starts, indicating that don't have a choice. "You're still under your parents' care. You still live with them Ellie."

"B-b-but the house! Wasn't it sold? I-" I stutter.

"The government has provided your family with a new house, and they will be paying first months rent. That should give your parents enough time to find well-paying jobs." The police man tells me.

"I don't want to!" I exclaim, exasperated. "They treated me terribly! Why does no one understand that!" I'm yelling now. "They freakin' can't even get my name right."

"Ellie, we understand-"

"You don't!" I yell. "Nobody understands me. They're terrible people, they left me! I don't want to live with them, government house or not." I stomp my foot like a stubborn child.

"We-"

"SHUT UP! I don't care! I don't care about my parents, I don't care about you, I don't care about life! Just leave me alone!" I yell even louder.

The police man looks at me with sad eyes. "If you ever need anything..."

"Go away." I say firmly. "I don't need your help, or your presence."

"Ellie." I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Go away!" I insist, tears streaming down my face.

"Ellie, it's me."

"Go away!" I repeat, as I begin to realize who the person is.

"Ellie..."

The weight of the world falls on my shoulders as reality catches up to me, and I faint into __________ arms.
--------------------------------------------------
A/N: I feel evil.

-Gabrielle