Chapter 1: Leave Her Alone

• Dedicated to Mia Nowak

BEVERLY LOVE leaned her denim-covered back against the faded, blue lockers, scanning her surroundings in boredom. The usual; Lisa Schwartz, the cheer captain of the Los Angeles Singers, was bullying the girl in Beverly's mathematics class: Bridget Lloyd. "Your outfit is so last year!" laughed Lisa, pointing at the girl's outfit. It consisted of tall grey socks, a black pleaded skirt, and a tight grey turtleneck. Her hair bounced as she threw her head into her hands to begin to bawl. "Oh, crybaby Bridget!" sang Lisa, smirking widely at the sobbing teen. The whole trio of followers giggled and laughed loudly at the girl, as she quickly made a run for it.

And as usual, Lisa advanced towards Beverly, and shoved her into the lockers. But, as Beverly had guessed, Lisa wasn't finished with her. "So, Emo Whore," said Lisa, her lips curling into a grim smirk of satisfaction of hurting others. "Where's your whittle boyfriend?" Lisa grasped her hips, smirking cruelly at Beverly, as Beverly rolled her eyes at the bitch. "I haven't had a--" before Beverly can get a chance to finish her sentence, Lisa pushed Beverly into the lockers behind her. "You don't roll your eyes at me. Got it, freak?"

This intimidated Beverly highly, which wasn't very likely for Beverly. "Yes--" once again, Beverly was cut off by someone talking. "Lisa, leave her alone." Beverly looked everywhere, but the source of the voice was no voice that she recognized. It was husky, and fairly masculine sounding. Lisa dropped Beverly, and looked around confused. "Who is that?" she growled, looking around rapidly. Suddenly, a man with dark brown hair and bright brown eyes came out of absolutely nowhere, and crossed his very muscular arms over one another.

"Me."

Lisa was intrigued, and curled her blonde hair around her finger. "Hello, sexy," she purred, now pushing him against a wall, her breasts pressing against his chest. Before she knew it, he shoved her to the ground. "Not happening, Lisa," growled the man, and looked past Lisa to a wide eyed Beverly sitting on the ground. He slowly walked past the fascinated crowd, and offered a hand to her. "Are you alright?" asked the man, helping up Beverly. Beverly timidly nodded yes, which made the man nod himself.

"T-thank you," stuttered a flustered Beverly, not daring to look up from her Converse shoes. The man nodded, and smiled a charming smile. "Before I run off, can I get your name?" asked the man, having his smile so big that his glasses practically fall off. This caught Beverly off guard, so she blushed, embarrassed of herself, and looked down again. "Beverly Love," murmured Beverly bashfully, now blushing a bright pink on her pale cheeks. The man chuckled a sweet laugh. "I love that name," he complimented, but this only made Beverly blush harder. "And you can call me Mark. Mark Fischbach."

Beverly only nodded before feeling as if she had just had her period. An odd feeling churned inside her stomach, and she sure as hell wasn't enjoying it. She didn't wave goodbye to her savior, nor did she even look up from her sneakers as he sped out the corridor doors. She sighed as the bell to her history period had rung throughout the hallways. She eagerly collected her supplies, and ran to her classroom as fast as she could.