Chapter 2: Not You

Lunch came very slowly for Beverly, and as many people saved by cute black haired guys would be after, she wasn't very hungry when the time came around.

"Hi, Bev!" exclaimed Beverly's friend, Iris, smiling widely at Beverly with her bright pink hair curled around her shoulders. Beverly didn't look up from her food, yet she nodded slightly as a greeting to her friend. "Something the matter?" asked Iris, her bright blue eyes filling with concern. "Nothing," said Beverly nonchalantly, still not removing her eyes from her food that she'll probably not eat. "Okay!" squealed Iris, and skipped off her marry way.

Beverly sighed. Her friend believed that her friends would never lie to her, so every time they said they were a certain feeling, she didn't except any take-backs. Beverly fiddled with her earrings, and suddenly, the annual Valentine's Dance was coming up this Friday. Beverly always hated Valentine's Day. Especially because that was her birthday. Iris and others like Lisa loved Valentine's Day. Not only did they get to hang out with their boyfriends, but they even asked them to the dances that were held  every year on that specific date.

But really, Beverly longed to be asked just once. Throughout high school, and now college, she's never been asked to the dances that they held. Suddenly, something broke Beverly from her thoughts. She saw the man who saved her outside the window. She hopped up, and sped out the cafeteria doors. She quickly found a small red colored heart taped to the spewing water fountain, and peeled from it.

"I need you"

Shivers ran down Beverly's spine, until she scoffs in disbelief. "This is probably for some chick like Lisa," she said in disbelief, and dropped it to the ground because of it's unnecessary presence. "Miss Love! Detention!" shouted one of Beverly's teachers, Mr Johnson. Beverly hissed, "God freaking damn it." As Mr Johnson dragged her inside.

As Mr Johnson pushed Beverly into a chair, she caught a glance at the window once again. There stood that man. Mark was his name? Beverly instantly jolted up, and pointed at the window. Snickers and giggled were heard, yet some remained silent, expecting Beverly to be mental. "Mark!" Beverly screeched, her bright green eyes wide with unpreparedness.  Once the laughing boiled down, Mr Johnson glared at Beverly.

"Miss Love, is there a problem?" growled Mr Johnson, his dark orbs burning into Beverly's side. Once Beverly blinked, the man had disappeared. Beverly's pointing finger curled with sadness, as she returned to her proper seat in the flimsy chair. Once Beverly had escaped that living hell in detention, she quickly ran to her locker, got her homework, and dashed outside. The tugging feeling at her heart strings continued, just like what happened when she first met Mark...

That's when she was hit with the fact.

It was love at first sight.

She, Beverly Love, had a crush on her savior from Lisa Schwartz, Mark Fischbach.