Chapter 4

–You're doing it again– WheeIn said as she sat beside Queen Yongsun in their carriage. They were riding for at least about an hour now, on their way to one of her estates.

Yongsun pursed her lips and sighed.

–Doing what?–

WheeIn smiled and closed her eyes. She found no reason to answer her question.

—I-Is it that obvious?— Queen Yongsun gently covered her face as her ladies, Sodam, Hyejin and WheeIn shared a knowing smile –It's not a crime to stare is it? Or peak a glance every once in while?– She looked out the carriage and found Moonbyul riding by their side dressed in her knight's attire. The silver plate of armor fit her perfectly as Yongsun studied every inch of her closely.

–I would say you've already exceeded the amount that would be deemed... Appropriate– WheeIn inferred, drawing a few amused laughs from her company. Yongsun blushed and regrettably looked away.

–If I didn't know any better, you would probably seem more like a stalker– Hyejin said, further rousing the giggles between them.

Yongsun's face only reddened as she tried to look unmoved by her friend's words.

—I-I'm not a stalker. I'm si-simply admiring one of my personal knights–

–I'm quite sure your admiration goes further than just that– Sodam said and smiled.

–Can you blame her? She's in love!– Hyejin said.

–I'm not...– Yongsun tried to put the words in her mouth, but they refused to go in. She couldn't lie and there was no point in it. All her ladies knew the truth.

–Don't deny it Yongsun. We can see it in your eyes, the way you look at her– WheeIn leaned towards her Queen and together they looked out again back at Moonbyul. The brunette seemed to realize that she was being watched so when she looked down from her horse she grinned. Yongsun blushed even harder and pulled the laced white curtain over the carriage's window instantly, leaving Moonbyul to feel somewhat confused.

–She caught you didn't she?– Hyejin guessed with a smile.

—N-No, that's not it. It was just too bright outside– WheeIn, Hyejin and Sodam shared a light laugh and glanced at Yongsun in unison –How much further?–

WheeIn placed a finger on her chin.

–About another hour or so–

Yongsun turned her face to the carriage window and exhaled heavily. She was beginning to regret shutting Moonbyul out of her sight. "One more hour", she thought. Surely she could last that long, right?
.
.
.
When they finally arrived at Wheein's estate, the carriage stopped by one of the manor's in it. Moonbyul dismounted from her horse and moved to reward him with a light caress on his face.

–Quite the ride wasn't it?– She said as it nuzzled up to her lovingly. Moonbyul smiled and brushed his mane. The driver hopped off and quickly tended to opening the door for Queen Yongsun and her companions. Moonbyul took her horse by the reign and walked over to meet them.

One by one, they came down the carriage and Moonbyul smiled at them warmly.

–How was the ride?– She asked Yongsun first, knowing that she'd spent at least half the trip staring at her from a distance.

–It was alright– Yongsun answered vaguely. Something in Moonbyul's eyes told her that she'd known what she was doing, eying her as though she were some delectable piece of candy. Suddenly feeling self conscious, Yongsun turned away and decided to sidle up to WheeIn. Moonbyul rolled her eyes and sighed. It was adorable how Yongsun reacted when they shared these little moments. It was one of those rare occasions when she regressed to acting like a child.