CENTURIES

Numb.

She felt numb.

Elio was situated on the island of the posh kitchen, sitting crossed-legged on the cold marble table. She was wrapped up in a dark-blue oversized hoodie, and her black and white split dyed hair was rampaged in a messy, tousled bun. A lone tear ran down her dark tanned cheek and it glistened in the perfect lightening of the house, Elio sniffled a little, before deciding to climb off the table with a little wobble in her step.

Her room, she could always be safe there, under the covers, away from the pains of unfairness from the world and pretend her family was still there, but even she knew daydreams didn't last forever. Elio grabbed the cylinder-shaped railings and propelled herself foreword and up the stairs. The funeral was in a few days, might as well make the most of it.

Living alone had never occurred to Elioa Agreste of when she was a child, but now; the fifteen-year-old had to endure staying in the Agreste house-hold, with the wills of her entire family to pay, con? she was alone. She'd never had though this day would happen but alas it did, and she had no bloody control over it.

Elio missed the sleepless nights she would spend with her cousins, playing and fooling around; going with the words, 'Sleep is for the weak', or when her Aunt Seraphine would buy her most of the stuff she owned, yapping and yipping about how Avani and Octavia (her parents) should look after her more, Or how Enola (her eldest cousin) would take her and the family children for night outs or invent really wild games that each ended with Nate(cousin) and Zachery (cousin) snoring which lead to times of taking nasty pictures of them and sending them to their significant other.

Elio was standing in her room now, her teal blue eyes which had lost their usual sparkle, roamed questionably through her bed room, she held her arms open and as dramatically as she could, leaped and sunk into the bed.

"MAMA! NO!"

Elio jolted awake, her mouth was dry and her palms were sweaty. She swallowed thickly before scrambling off the bed, wincing at once as her feet touched the cold floor. Elio knew she needed a shower and now.