Chapter 3

[Cassandra]

Maisy came back and brought the strawberry shortcake I requested. She sits in front of me after she placed the cake and tea on the table.

"Milady, here's the strawberry shortcake and tea you have requested." She spoke.

"Thank you, Maisy." I glance at her and continue reading.

"Milady, Duke Ramon and Lady Liana has arrived. They call for your presence later at the dinner hall." Nicolas told me.

"Father and Mother returned home? Is it late already? I did not notice the time. I'll meet them later. Thank you for informing me Nicolas, good work." I told him.

"Maisy, Let's wrap up for now. I need to wash up before having dinner later." I told her.

I already washed up and we are now walking on the hallway inside the mansion.

Out of curiosity, I suddenly ask Maisy.

"Do you think they will have good news?" I ask her.

"Have faith milady, it will be good news." She reassures me.

"I hope so, I really don't like to go back there. It makes me feel like I'm being isolated and treated coldly. I did not have any good memories there to begin with." I shared with Maisy

Memories of Luciana was flooding in my head, sad memories that...

"Milady, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Tell me?!" She was in panicked.

"Ehh? Me crying? No, I'm no-...." Then tears started flooding and keeps flowing out of my eyes.

Maids started to gather around me to help me calm down, but I can't help it. Is it Luciana's emotions? I can't stop crying.

The sadness and loneliness and emptiness were hard to forget. This feeling, being hurt multiple times, ignored and gave cold shoulder.

Father and mother came rushing to me and asked in panicked what happen to me.

"What happen to my daughter?! – What happen to my Lulu?!" Father and mother both said.

"I-... W-we were heading to the dining hall when she suddenly burst into crying. Please have mercy, please forgive for not taking care well of milady." Maisy said and bowing her head in front of us.

After crying for a few minutes, before I calmed myself and was able to talk.

"I-I'm s-so-sorry, I made you all worried about trivial things." I said while keeping to speak clearly.

"That's alright darling, please calm down and drink water." Mother told me and hand over a glass of water.

"I... I just remembered what I experience in the palace that I can't calm myself and keep crying. Maisy did not do anything wrong." I said to them, giving me sad and sympathetic look.

"Let's head inside the dining room so you can sit properly and we can have a meal together." Father said and help me walk to dining.

Upon sitting, they serve the food immediately and pour my favorite drink to calm me a little bit more.

"It looks like you have a rough day on the palace. I can't allow that to happen again." Father must be really angry now.

"I will not let my Lulu to cry like that. I will not let someone hurt her. Even if it will cost all our fortune to protect you, I will not let anyone do something bad to you." Mother said.