On the Run

I turned around and turned the corner only to have the door I came through locked by somebody. Face it Waylon, as soon as you open the door and let death take you, the sooner you'll leave this hellhole. The banging never stopped, but it started to flow in a pattern. It seemed like forever, but I finally managed the courage to let death do its part.

I slowly inched forward, the floor vibrating from the force. I gulped and opened the door. I jumped back and yelped in surprise. It wasn't the cannibal or anything big and scary at all. It was just a regular patient standing there, clueless, with a big, bloody gash on his head. His eyes glowed when the infrared light hit them, and made his appearance somewhat scary.

What was the banging for? He suddenly turned and walked up to a door and slammed his head against it, doing it again and again like he was in a trance. Blood started forming on the door. He didn't even whimper in pain. I gulped and walked into the room and ducked and crawled under a desk, reaching another door and opening it. I walked through hallways and hallways, through doorways and doorways, until I entered a long hallway, pretty much a corridor.

There was a bed with wheels, like the ones they use in the hospital, which was covered in a smelly yellow liquid that I guessed was pee. The light above me, the only one in the hallway, slowly creaked back and forth, the sound echoeing off the walls. I raised my camcorder back up and turned the light on, walking down the hallway. I didn't go far before I had to leap over a overturned bed.

That was after I heard footsteps. "Come to me." A voice said down the hall, down into the darkness. I started to breath heavily before I opened the door closest to me. SHRINGGGGGGG! The sound made it worse. There were two beds next to each other, as I could hide under one of them. It would be pointless. If this monster was hungry, he was going to look everywhere he could to find his food and in this case, me. I took notice of a open vent up above one of the beds.

I climbed up the bed and into the vent. It led forward, and I crawled slowly, not wanting to make a lot of noise. We had officially resumed our little game of cat-and-mouse. The vent dropped down into a room and I landed on a bed, the mattress comforting my fall. I decided that if I was going to get away from this guy, I had to make a run for it.

The door to this room was already open, proof that the cannibal had been searching in here. I peeked over both corners. I took a deep breath and flew down the hallway past beds, shelves, boxes, anything you'd find in a asylum really. My bare feet pounded on the cold, hard floor, passing rooms alike. The door at the end of the hallway was blocked by clatters of beds. I opened the door closest to me and took refuge inside, seeing around in the midnight-black darkness with my handy camcorder.

"I can smell you!" I heard him shout in the hallway, followed by his handsaw. I jumped up and crawled into the vent above me. I guess there were open vents in every room. Anyway, I had to get away from this freak before I end up as his midnight snack.

I started to crawl forward until I suddenly fell through vent! I looked up and saw that my weight had caused a unstable vent piece to collapse. I picked myself back up when a door to the right side of me started to break open. The cannibal! My breath quickened and my adrenaline kicked in as I ran for the door in front of me.

I opened it and I found myself in a small bathroom. I quickly observed my surroundings until I saw a wide enough crack in the wall to squeeze through. I lined my side up to the crack and slid my way through right as the door broke down and a SHRINGGGG! came to sound.

I opened a cracked door in front of me and kept on going, trying to put as much distance from the cannibal as I could. Soon I was in a room that was nice and clean. Murkoff property.

I walked further until I was in a room with a control system in a corner.

"Go away! This is my place!" I yelped, startled, and turned to where the gruff voice came from. In the corner, by a door, hugging his knees, was a guard. His uniform was shredded and his arms where scraped to the bone, his pink flesh exposed.

"Your going to get me killed! Screw off!" He added while I walked to the control system: yellow gas was shrouding the inside of a room with automatic doors on both sides, like the one I went through when I tried to help the patient with the doctor's clothes.

I picked up a battery on the desk and put it in my pocket. How was I doing on battery life? I looked through my camcorder and saw that the battery meter was halfway. I was doing great on battery power. I lowered my camcorder, looking around for a way to stop the gas. This wasn't the gas room, since there weren't anything gas-related on the control system.

I went back to the door where the guard was rocking back and forth by.

I opened it and I was back in another plastic tarp hallway. The door closest to me on my right was a automatic door and it was locked, gas floating around inside. I walked down the hall on my left and opened a door on my left. There was a computer desk in front of me with four TV's on top that all said Murkoff Corporation.

SHRINGGGG SHRINGGGG SHRINGGGG!