A Taste of Insanity

Ever since Murkoff reopened the asylum, everything went downhill. Murkoff is run by monsters, Jeremy Blaire an example. Mount Massive Asylum has been around for awhile, re-opening again and again after tragic accidents. Its all hidden up in a mountain range in Colorado. The asylum is massive, like its namesake. They are several levels and rooms and areas and wards. I've only been to a certain portion of the asylum, hardly any of it. I came into this job thinking I was going to help people, not hurt them. Before we knew what was up, Murkoff threatened that if we ratted out on them like I did, they'd kill us and our family.

They're idea of "helping" patients is by forcing them into the Morphogenic Engine. Patients are taken to a certain area where there are several screens set up, like a movie theater. They put the patient into a chair that restrains their feet, arms, and head. What plays on the screens may seem like shapes and colors, but it's actually a type of torture device they use to change the patient's sanity and appearance.

It plays with their mind, playing back nightmares, accidents, bad memories, anything awful that happened to them over and over again until their brain is overloaded with it. They never explained what the patients see, but it sure is awful. It messes with them physically too, forming blisters, burns, cuts, lumps, boils, warts, forming them into real-life monsters. Some of the stuff I've seen as results are so awful that I can't describe it exactly.

Lots of times the doctors will strap them down and surgically do experiments on them.
Now I was going to get a taste of what it was like being a experiment, Jeremy Blaire making that official.

I was suddenly dropped to the ground, causing enough pain to open my eyes. I was lifted up again and placed into a chair, in front of multiple screens. Two doctors wearing blue suits started strapping me down. First my feet, then my hands, then my head. One of the doctors wasn't wearing a gas mask, and I recognized him instantly: it was Steve.

"Open those eyes. You don't have to wake up, but open your eyes," Steve said, getting in my face. His voice was muffled, as I couldn't concentrate. Suddenly, he pulled his hand back and slapped me across the face, pain searing in my left cheek. I yelped in pain, fully awake now. "What's the matter? Somebody hit you? Here, let me help." He said and I watched as he fluttered his eyes as he leaned forward to my ear.

I tried to shake my head as he started to dig his tongue into my ear, but it was no use. "Argh!!!" I stammered as I felt him lick all inside my ear. He was making a sort of moaning sound as he did it. He finally stopped and stepped back to do more stuff to me. "Steve, are you getting these alerts?" A voice said behind me.

"Kinda busy here," he said impatiently.

"It sounds like real trouble. At the Engine. They said Hope made a lateral ascension."

"Billy Hope. Crap. And they're not happy about it?"

"No."

" Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Come on!" Steve said and walked away.

Now my eyes were trained on the screens. I tried shutting my eyes as hard as I could, but I couldn't. It was like I forgot to close my eyes, not knowing how to do it. That's when the pain started kicking in. I couldn't stop staring at the images on the screen. My eyes started to feel like they were melting, and my head felt as hot as the sun. I started screaming in pain, louder and louder. Things were chasing me. Dead bodies everywhere. I screamed until my throat wouldn't allow it. "AHHH! OH GOD OH GOD!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" I tried to thrash my body, but the restrains kept me still.

"IT HURTS!!!!!! HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!"

"HELP MEEEE!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!"

There were patients with me too, all screaming in pain. The screams were so loud, so high-pitched, that I started to lose hearing. I'm going to die. Might as well give up now.