Prologue

hello there! uploader leo here :D

with the permission of the author, I have decided to upload this fic to wattpad to make it available to wattpad-onlies and offline readers! huzzah!

I've also taken the liberty to edit the chapters (just spelling and punctuation! no changes to the actual writing!) so that it's easier to read, as the wattpad format is not the same as quotev.

please be sure to support the author's original release of the fic on their quotev. their user is aRMyChikiez/LovelyPotatoes.

tysm and enjoy the story!

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Yumi!" I sighed to myself as I stared towards my fallen brother. I glanced at him as he was sitting down on the ice and looking down while blushing.

"How many times was this that you fell on your rear end?" I asked as I strapped up my skates and went over to him. He stood up and began rubbing the back of his neck with an awkward smile.

"Sorry, Yumi. I-I just can't get this routine somehow. Could you help me with-"

"A spread eagle immediately going to a triple flip into a triple toe-loop and then a quadruple axel going to a Biellman? Yuri, you've practiced this so many times. I've showed you multiple times how to do it." I complained as he nodded.

"Sorry, sorry. I-It's just that I'm nervous about next two week. If I don't get this down, then things will go down hill really fast. I don't want to disappoint my coach." he said as he sighed after.

I just smiled and placed a hand on his
shoulder. "And you won't. Yuri, as your little sis, I will make sure you get this down before tomorrow if I have to. I can just tell mom an excuse, so no worries."

"But you have school tomorrow-"

"I'm making A's with flying colors, so one absence doesn't hurt. And I'm trying to hide from a boy in the class anyway, so I'm not gonna worry about
it. Lets go!" I began skating my way across the rink and did so backwards while laughing joyfully towards my big
brother.

He only smiled back as he nodded and skated over to me. As he skated by my side, we both took the position and took a breath.

"Ready? 3...2...1..."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Here we were, the day of the competition, and Yuri barely made 6th place. He wasn't able to win the Grand Prix Final. Mostly because of the death of Viktor, our dog. He wasn't there, nor I since I came to see him. I could tell it
took a bigger toll on him than it did me. I was sitting next to him in the lobby as he was sulking at his loss.

I looked towards Celestino as he just gave a sad look. I took Yuri and placed his head in my lap while rubbing my fingers through his hair.

"Don't worry, Yuri. Those judges are just blind, that's all. I don't know what they were thinking. You deserved at least 4th place. You were amazing, okay?" I said in his ear and rubbed his head again before he got up and stood.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to use the restroom." Yuri began to pace away as he took out his phone.

I looked at Celestino and shrugged. "Are you going to follow him?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving my brother alone one bit. I'll meet back with you in a bit. If he comes back, don't tell him that I was spying on him." I said as he nodded.