Chapter Two

"He hurt me Ammi. He didn't stop. It continued and continued. I fought, screamed, and shouted for help but I got non. When you found me on Monday my condition was worse than before. He came on Saturday morning saying that no one is around. He tied me to the bed. Hurting me so much that I couldn't even breath. He did things to me that forbidden in Islam,"

"I gave up in the end Ammi. I thought that I would die but you found me. I don't know if I should be sad that I lived or happy that he is dead."

When I was done Ammi held me as she cried with me.

"Shhhh, meri Bacchi. This man should have died a worse death. He deserves to be in hell. How could he do this to you? You are younger then his sons. They feel you a gold digger but don't worry. When they see you and when you explain to them then things will get better. In sha Allah,"

"Ameen," I said

"Afreen. Everything happens for a reason. You still young and have a long way left in life. Remember not all men are the same. There are some who will love and cherish you. You just have to believe."

"I won't tell you to find some because I know that you have lost all faith in everything but you have to fight. You have to overcome this fear. Take your time to gain your strength. You are very intelligent and beautiful." Said Ammi

"I'm not beautiful anymore Ammi. I'm tainted. Who will accept a damaged girl like me,? I asked

"You will never know. There may be someone waiting for you. Allah knows best maybe that's why he saved you in this form," Ammi said.

"Jezakallah Ammi. For being by me and standing by me," I said laying my head on her lap.

"Your hair is so beautiful long and ma sha Allah. Never cut it."

"I always loved long hair. They say your beauty lies in your hair," I said as Ammi played with my hair.

"Ammi. Can I ask something?"

"Jee you can," responded Ammi

"How many people stay here and didn't they know that there was a wedding taking a place and wasn't that old cow married then what happen?" I asked

Ammi gave a small laugh before she started.

"Yes, he was married. His wife's name was Asma and she was really beautiful, just like you. She had a really good heart made of gold. They have three kids. Two boys and a girl. The big son is named Ighsaan who is 26. The second son is Ibrahim who is 24 and the daughter idaya. She is 22 years. Unfortunately when Idaya was born her mother passed away. The boys were more attached to the mother the father but then he had to change. It was always keeping an eye on them and making sure they were doing nothing wrong. After Ighsaan grew up and started taking care of everything Mr khan changed. He hardly went to work. Started going out on holiday and joining the wrong company."

"We knew he was getting married but everyone was against it and no one knew what he was up to. On the day of your Nikka, none of us were around. When we came he said that he was married and non should disturb you because you won't work."

"Arguments used to take place but he was still the boss. We all thought you old around his age and want money that's why you married him. Then one day I saw Hira crying on the lawn. It was the same weekend we weren't around. We had to attend a family function and he said he won't come."

"So I went up to her and asked her what is wrong."

Flashback.

"Hira. What is wrong why you crying and I have noticed from the beginning of the week you very quiet. What is wrong?" I asked as I rubbed her head.