Fearful Scent

You sat, waiting for the bus home. Your feet were sore from the heels you wore all day and you needed a nice relaxing bath.

A woman arrived moments after you and you couldn't stop staring at her. There was a huge monster on her shoulder.

'How can she not feel that thing?' You wondered.

You tried not to stare at the monster, but it was scary and you were afraid that it would jump on you if you looked away.

"If you keep on staring at that curse, it will attack you." You heard a voice say next to you.

You were startled by it since you didn't notice the handsome stranger that was sitting next you until now.

"Wait, curse? You mean that you can see that monster too?" You asked in surprise.

"It's a curse and of course I can see it. I am a Zen'in after all." He said in cocky tone.

'Zen'in...is that a cult or something?' You wondered as you studied this man.

"Good for you Sir." You smiled.

You weren't sure where this strange handsome man came from or even what he was talking about. But for the first time ever you didn't feel crazy, because someone else was seeing a monster which you thought only you could see.

"But why can't anyone else see it?" You asked as you looked at people passing by.

"I'm a Zen'in, so it's only natural that I can see curses and as for you, I guess you have enough curse energy to see them...to think that a commoner such as yourself can see curses, Maki sure is useless trash." He explained.

'Maki...useless trash? Is he talking about a pet?' You wondered as you stared at this strange man.

"That's not a nice thing to say." You scolded.

"Excuse me?" The man asked sounding surprised.

"It's...it's not nice to call something useless or trash, even if they might be your pet or whatever." You said.

The man burst into laughter and everyone in the bus stop stared at him for a second.

"Miss you are very funny." He smiled before getting up and walking towards the woman with the curse on her shoulder.

You watched as he swiftly moved his hand and then boom, the curse disappeared.

"What...how were you able to do that? Where did it go?" You asked as he came back and sat next to you.

"Like I said before, I am a Zen'in and it's dead, I exorcised it." He explain.

"Exorcism...are you a priest and is this Zen'in that you keep on mentioning the name of your cult?" You asked curiously.

"No, Zen'in is the name of my clan and I'm not a priest, I'm a sorcerer." He replied clearly annoyed by your question.

"Sorcerers are real?" You asked as your eyes widened.

The man stared at you for a moment.

"Yes they are. I'm Zen'in Naoya, a sorcerer and you are?" He asked reaching out for a handshake.

"I am [L/n][F/n], a normal salary woman." You replied shaking his hand.

Naoya chuckled at your introduction.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, [L/n]." He smiled.

"Likewise." You said returning the smile.

"How about this...if you agree to go on a date with me, I'll explain everything to you about the jujutsu world. Since you clearly posses curse energy, but have no knowledge of it." He proposed.