Time at a Standstill.

Hermione looked at Draco, confused. Draco's hand tightened around the door knob and he swung the door open.

Hermione stepped into the room. The smell, the feel. It was a library. But, not any old library. A Hogwarts library. Books lined the walls, towering high into the ceiling, which probably about as two knight buses. In each corner, giant statues of each Hogwarts founder were placed. Hanging down from the ceiling was a great chandelier. There were also various couches, chairs and tables placed around the massive room.

Hermione couldn't seem to take it all in at once. It was hers... and Draco's. The whole year. She wondered if she could even read all of the books in her lifetime.

Draco seemed slightly amazed as well, he had a love that was perhaps three quarters of the love Hermione had for a good book.

Placed on one of the tables, there was a note, written in elegant handwriting which Draco identified as McGonagall's.

Hermione & Draco.

This library is a gift to you two as a thank-you for being Head Boy & Head Girl. In here, you will find all of the books in the Hogwarts library, and also quite a few others. The library is designed to suit what you need, so you will find quite a few hidden tricks.

One I've found quite useful is shutting the door, and saying aloud the words 'tempore statur'.

Time will, effectively, stop. You could spend hours in here, and when you came out, it would still r the same time as when you entered. This room is also rumoured to have another entrance to the chamber of secrets. Rumoured. I'm not completely sure.

Use it well.

Proffeser McGonagall.

As soon as Hermione finished reading the note, she rushed to the door. Closed it, and muttered 'tempore statur' she stood back, and looked at the clock that was above the door. It had completely stopped.

Draco breathed in a sharp breath. He could spend hours in here, away from everyone when he needed to be, not actually being away..

He could find the chamber of secrets.

He turned around to find Hermione already sat down on a couch, about ten pages into a book already.

He selected one himself, and sat on the opposite couch.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Okay. I'm not even sure if anyone will read this, but I'm enjoying writing it, for sure. It's quite short, and I haven't updated in a while. I've just been pretty busy recently :) thank you x