2. Breaking new

Today, the music was loud as CRAZY. Misty knew that it was a Sunday afternoon and people were chilling and having late breakfasts, but then again, she wasn't here for this.

Misty dumped her books on the bed and got off. She attached her hair in a ponytail and walked toward her door.

The music was louder because Ash had his door open. Misty could sadly see much of his dorm room, and the surroundings weren't pleasant to the eye.

Ash was nowhere to be found so she decided to knock on the open door. Big trash bags were placed near the door.

At least he's cleaning... Misty hated that she cared.

"Ash? Turn down the music!" She knocked on his door and quickly stepped to the back, not wanting to keep standing near the trash bags. His room, a lot more spacious than hers, had no signs of studying, just food wrappers and trash. Unconsciously, Misty shook her head to herself.

"Oh, hey Misty!" Ash showed up with another trash bag. He put it near the door. "Nice of you to visit me!"

Misty rolled her eyes. She said, "You're going crazy on the music again."

"Oops, sorry! I keep forgetting!" Ash grinned. He quickly disappeared inside again.

"Don't leave this trash here." Misty couldn't help herself.

The music turned completely off and Ash came back again. "I woooooon't."

"I hope you sorted it beforehand..." Misty mumbled as she unlocked her door. She really can't help herself. She majored in ecology for a reason.

"What?" Ash seemed to have heard her. "Do you sort clothes too?"

Misty turned around; eyes wide in shock. "What did you just say? Clothes?" She gasped.

"Like, you don't mix shirts and pants?"

"You do NOT throw clothes away!" Misty screamed at his face. "Do you have an idea how much water is wasted to make a simple tee shirt? DO YOU?" She pulled closer to him. "OR DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?"

Ash blinked. "I-"

"AND HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHARITY?" Misty's face was red by now.

"Do you think they have washing machines?"

"You're telling me that..." Misty rubbed her face. She stood near the brand-new washing machine. "... you decided to throw dirty laundry because there was too much of it? Are you for real, Ash?"

"I tried, okay? This stupid machine wouldn't work!" Ash gestured to the washing machine in his kitchen. He clicked all the buttons. "See? It doesn't work! How am I supposed to hand-wash all those clothes? I don't have time! I need to study! This is so stressful." He put his e-cig in his mouth and took a pull.

"As if there are no alternatives?" Misty couldn't even believe this was happening. Could this guy get any more stupid?

"I'm not planning on going to Pallet town any soon." Ash shrugged.

"That's not what I meant by alternatives." She shouldn't have high expectations of someone his age who stills takes dirty laundry to his parents' house. "I mean fixing this machine, for example!"

"What? That's a pain in the ass. I don't have time for that."

"Sure, you don't..." Misty looked disgusted. She sighed. "Just - let us see the back. Can you push it?"

Ash pushed the washing machine away from the wall to check the back.

The plug, still wrapped in plastic, fell.

Ash and Misty looked at each other.

The redhead walked quickly out of Ash's room, walked back inside hers, shut the door, and stood against it for a couple of seconds.

"What the fuck?" Misty laughed so hard her eyes got teary.