Chapter 76

Omniscient

Omniscient

Skai stared at herself on the mirror. "I looks the fuck good", she laughed. She was going out on a date with Jalen. She was super excited because they barely go out. Since she wanted things to be lowkey and he agreed.

She sighed grabbing her purse. She wondered how long this would last. She liked Jalen, but she knew she wasn't over Cairo. But she felt they grew apart. Dating an athlete was harder than she'd thought. They hardly had time for each other .

"Bae come on!", Jalen yelled pulling her out of her thought. Skai rolled her eyes getting agitated. "Stop fucking rushing me, I'm coming".

He stood at the bottom of the steps waiting in. Once Once she got down there he down looked at her smiling. "What?".

"You just so fine.".

Feeling her face get hot she looked away. Jalen grabbed her chin , making her look at him. "You been doing that since we was young".

Skai furrowed her brows looking at him confused. "Jalen we've only been together for a month".
Staring at her for a little longer, he fell silent.

"Jalen!", Skai said snapping him out of his trance. "Huh?".

"I said are you ready to go?". She chuckled a bit and smiled. "Yeah come on Jay-". He paused. Remembering he was with Skai. She was Jayda's sister, not Jayda.

"What were you saying?", Skai asked skeptical

"N-nothing. I just said come on.", he said nervously. Skai nodded slow. "Riiiight".

"Anyways let's go".

She took his hand as they made their way towards the front. Only to be met by knocking on the door. "Skai!", Blue called. Jalen let go of her hand quickly.

"Uh im going to the bathroom", he said rushing up the steps, before she could respond. She shrugged it off , assuming he was just nervous. In her eyes, he'd never met her family

Going to the door, she opened it to be greeted by Blue and CJ. "What's going on? Why y'all look so angry?".

"Where that nigga at?".

Skai sighed and rolled her eyes. "I know y'all protective of me, but be nice. I'm sure once you meet him you'll like him... How did y'all find out though?".

Blue shook his head. "You know how old that nigga is right?".

"Same age as Jayda", she shrugged. "How you gon fuck with ya sister ex. And he crazy as hell! You don't need to be around him", CJ said.