Chapter 6

The next few days Dante brought Kate and I to the gym to teach us more self-defense. My bruises started turning yellow and were definitely getting smaller. Kate was a lot more powerful than me with her punches and I was impressed because she was a fourth-grade teacher and didn't have a mean bone on her body.

One day we walked in and Titus was there working out. We had gone at around 9 pm and I was surprised no one else was there. Dante brought Kate over to the punching bags and I started to stretch to go and run first. Titus was jumping rope and I swear I caught him staring at me, but he didn't lose his concentration as he continued to jump.

I heard a loud door slam and next to me, out walked coach and another older man who was dressed in a suit.

"Guess who your opponent is, King," I heard a loud obnoxious man say. Titus stopped his jump roping and glared at the door. I looked up and my heart started beating and I could feel my hands get sweaty as I looked at the blonde guy with the dark eyes who had beat me up in the alleyway.

He was so engrossed in Titus that he didn't notice I was two feet away from him. I put my head down and I stood up and walked towards Kate and Dante who were both punching, punching bags while listening to music.

"Nice ass," I heard behind me and my body froze before I took another step.

"Did you hear me, I said nice ass," The guy said before my wrist was pulled and I turned towards him. He smirked at me and I froze in fear.

"You look familiar, have we fucked before," He said, and I tried to pull my wrist away and he pulled me closer to him. I flinched as he lifted a hand to cup my face. I felt myself being pulled away and I turned around and saw Dante had noticed what was going on and he walked over to save me.

"That is him," I said quietly, and Dante held onto my shaky hands. Kate walked over to see what was going on as Dante let go of me and ran over and punched the man in the face. Dante had caught him off guard so he stumbled, but the man pushed Dante down and started punching him back. I looked up and this had grabbed Titus and the coach's attention and they were ripping them off of each other.

Titus pushed the other man away and his coach grabbed him, and Coach was helping Dante up and had to hold him back from attacking again.

"What is your problem man, you can't have both girls," The man said laughing. Dante spit out some blood.

"No Jason, you beat her up in an alleyway last weekend," Dante said, and Kate froze next to me and the gym went silent.

"What?" Coach finally said, and Titus looked over at me, and I could see the pure fire in his eyes and it was the first time I have ever seen him about to lose his cool.

"I don't remember that girl at all," He said to Dante like he was crazy.

"Because you were piss drunk, you tried to rape her and when she didn't let you, you beat the shit out of her," Dante said and then the man started laughing.

"Can't prove shit," he said and I felt my blood run cold when he smirked at me.

"Get this fucker out of here before I beat his ass," Titus said in a deep voice, and he was about to break. He was holding a fist in both hands and he was glaring at Jason.

"You can try on December 15th, until next time beautiful," Jason said, turning to wink at me, before the other coach walked over and forced Jason to leave, yelling at him as they left the gym. I was physically shaking in Kate's arms when Coop, Dane, and Titus looked at me.

"Guess it's hard to defend yourself when they are used to getting punched," I said with some tears finally falling down my face. Coop turned to help Dante who was bleeding from his face.