Chapter 3

🎧| INDUSTRY BABY - Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow

Aurelie's POV

Oblivious to the loud surroundings around me, I danced with Harry, our bodies moving softly at a respectable distance. His attention was disengaged when his head turned, trying to spot Zayn.

"Hey," I said to Harry, making him look into my eyes when I tapped his shoulder, "Esther texted me saying Zayn and her went to her hotel room. I thought you knew, that's why I didn't say anything. They already had their pictures taken too."

"Oh," Harry laughed, a hint of relief appearing on his face, "well that makes sense as to why the wanker isn't answering."

I laughed at his choice of words, my mood brightening when I saw a familiar figure approaching Harry and I.

"Alesso!" I beamed, ripping myself out of Harry's arms so I could hug him. Alesso was my fashion agent but over the years had grown into one of my closest friends. He'd made my life in the fashion industry seem like a breeze compared to what many other girls went through.

"Ma chérie, you look radiant!" he complimented me, returning my embrace tightly.

(My darling.)

"As do you," I replied in good nature, turning to introduce Harry to him.

What I did not expect was to be met with the tense expression on Harry's face.

I wasn't comprehending why, considering he'd been smiling with me just a few seconds ago.

"Harry," I said, my tone cautious now, "this is my close friend, Alesso. He's also my fashion agent but that title doesn't really do him justice."

"You flatter me," Alesso laughed, extending a hand to Harry. "Nice to meet you, Harry."

"You too," he muttered, shaking Alesso's hand.

Not paying attention to Harry's stiff composure, Alesso gasped dramatically at someone in front of us.

"Oh mon Dieu, look at Luke's outfit! I need that suit immediately," he rambled, before placing a kiss on my cheek in goodbye.

(Oh my God.)

"Sorry, I must speak to Luke," Alesso said as he walked away, leaving me alone with a particularly grumpy Harry.

"What was that?" I asked him, my face puzzled at his cold response to Alesso.

"I don't know," Harry shrugged, his expression elated once Alesso was out of sight.

What the fuck?

"I'm getting out of here," I told him, "I just want to get my pictures over with and get back to my hotel room."

"Let's go then," Harry said, taking my hand to guide me out of the crowd so we could collect our coats.

On our way out, a floral background had been set up at the exit. I recognised a few models I'd walked in shows with, watching them pose in turn before leaving.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped forward, fixing my dress and setting my expression straight as multiple flashes snapped in my face. I held my coat tightly in my hand while giving the photographers what they wanted, walking calmly away after.

Waiting for Harry, I tried not to give him a reaction as I watched him model flawlessly for the pictures, his hair carefree yet handsome as it blew in the wind. His face radiated with his glowing smile, his expression turning serious afterwards, and somewhat sexy for the rest of the pictures. When he was done, he came towards me cheerfully.