Chapter 9

🎧| On The Loose - Niall Horan

Aurelie's POV

Tonight was the biggest night for me. I'd been to my fitting for the Victoria's Secret show this morning, which always had me the most stressed. It didn't matter if I'd walked for them twice before, the nerves would never settle down. Although I was proud of my body and felt absolutely no shame in walking on the runway in revealing clothes, I think my usual anxiety was heightened by one specific detail.

Harry was attending my show. Which meant that even though I'd be exposed to hundreds of people tonight, I only cared about one pair of eyes on me tonight.

His.

So here I was, in the hotel gym, working out to calm myself for a bit. The room wasn't big but it was enough for me to decompress, especially since there was no one here either. Apparently, I was the only one crazy enough to be here at 8am.

Even though it was compulsory for us models to work out anyways, I found myself enjoying the process of going to the gym. Boxing and self-defense had become important to me ever since I was a teenager but recently, I found myself being passionate about yoga too.

Once I'd finished my post-workout stretching, I rolled up my yoga mat and headed back up the elevator. When I unlocked my hotel door, I let the shower run for a bit while I peeled my sports bra and leggings off my body before I stepped under the hot stream of water.

The heat instantly calmed my muscles and I took the time to think about yesterday night. Or rather, this morning since Harry and I had gotten back at around 1:30am.

The lack of sleep had totally been worth the night I'd spent with him. I knew we'd went from zero to a hundred very fucking quickly but I couldn't find it in myself to regret it.

Fuck being pissed at him. That plan had gone to shit as soon as he'd kissed me.

Getting out of the shower, I thought back to the message he'd sent me after he'd dropped me off at the hotel, promising to attend my show tonight. He hadn't seen my reply yet but I'm guessing he was getting ready since he'd told me that his Louis Vuitton show was in about two hours.

My phone buzzed as I brushed my curls out, seeing Esther's response to my good luck message for her Anna Sui show tonight. I smiled when her next message was instructing me not to stress about my show tonight, making me reply with a weak "I'll try not to."

Preparing for my fitting in half an hour, I pulled on a hoodie and sweatpants, leaving my room and exiting the hotel. I was looking forward to seeing Alesso this morning since he'd landed this morning and planned to meet up with me at a cafe later on. I thanked my lucky stars that I'd been blessed with such an easy-going fashion agent. I'd joined the industry two years ago and he'd been my only support system, other than Esther obviously.

Even though I was twenty one now, I'd always been mature, even as I looked back on the time where I'd walked my first show for Chanel when I was nineteen. That nerve-wracking experience would've never been possible with Alesso and Esther and their constant love.

I entered the building for my Balmain fitting and conversed with the staff as they dressed me and made adjustments. Their friendly personalities comforted me significantly and I didn't feel the need to shy away as they talked to me.

Catching the train after I'd left, I made my way to Oxford. Alesso's message pinged up on my display, telling me he was five minutes away from the cafe. I shot him back a reply, waiting for the train to finally halt at my spot.

Finally reaching the cafe, I spotted Alesso sitting on a table through the cafe window and opened the door, waving to him as I made my way over.

"Aurelie!" he exclaimed, getting up to pull me in for a hug. "Ça va?"