Chapter 6

🎧| Hurts Like Hell - Madison Beer ft. Offset

Harry's POV

Out of all the ways I'd expected her to react, I think my ego hadn't considered that'd she would simply walk away from me rather than giving me the satisfaction of a reaction.

Safe to say, I definitely regretted being a cunt to her. As well as wanting to beat the shit out of the stupid guy who had spoken to her like that.

Jesus Christ, what a way to start London Fashion week.

Now I was back home in England, I planned to go straight to the pub. I knew my call time was at eight in the morning tomorrow but right now, I couldn't find it in myself to care.

Which was serious considering I fucking cherished my sleep.

However, I was in severe need of a drink right now.

There was also something else I needed to be wary of. My sister is also coming to visit tomorrow.

I had agreed for her to catch the train to London since I was rarely allowed to see her. The jobs I was given always had me situated in different parts of the world except in the one place I needed to be.

With her.

Having to lie to Hope again and again was the worst kind of torture. Even though it was for her own protection, it took a fucking toll on me to lie to the most important person in my life repetitively. The Mafia had saved and ruined so much of my life that I was at the point where I couldn't distinguish whether the benefits outweighed the sacrifices. The lines were only blurred at this point of my life.

Having to be away from my baby sister all the time was an indescribable pain. I knew she was eighteen now but she was still the little sister I'd protect with my life. As long as I was still alive, I'd never expose her to any more pain. After what we'd both been through, Hope deserved more than heaven on Earth. No child should've ever been through what she had. I'd turn the world upside down to make her happy and to make sure the smile stayed on her face.

Of course, I missed her like hell but I also knew I needed to stop this shitty habit I had of drowning in my troubles. At the end of the day, the money I earned was more than enough to put food on my sister's plate, pay for her education and give her everything she'd ever need.

The same applied for me too and had allowed me to live a privileged life for my adulthood so far. I didn't give a fuck if the money was considered dirty and illegal to society. When you come from nothing, it makes you appreciative of everything.

I was wealthy but not ungrateful. The set of ethics by which I followed might not have been the greatest but I possessed some sense of decency.

Well, for the most part.

Zayn was landing later today so I quickly texted him my whereabouts in case I wasn't at the hotel when he arrived. Knowing him though, he'd probably join me, considering we had a habit of getting shit-face drunk together. Since Alejandro jointly owned a bar here in London, he'd invited both of us to it, like all the other models signed under his company.

I wasn't going through the hassle of getting taxis again like in New York, so I rented myself a car about an hour after I'd ditched the airport, leaving the whole Aurelie fiasco behind me too.

Throwing my luggage in my hotel suite, I changed into a t-shirt I'd bought from an old souvenir shop - a huge, yellow smiley face adorning the front of it. I switched out my cross necklace for my pearl one, giving my jeans a look-over before I left.