Prologue

THE HEROINE’S FIRST LOVE, I WILL SAVE YOU.

Why is this guy here? 

I stared at the paladin lying in the ruins of the temple. This face couldn't be missed even if I wanted to. His brilliant platinum blond hair was soaked in blood. His white face was also full of bloody wounds.

Is he dead?

I raised my hand. The undead wandering around approached me with a rattling sound. And at my command, they pushed away the rubble that was crushing the man and pulled him out. His body, which was now fully revealed, truly looked horrible. At this point, he should have died, yet his breath was slowly continuing.

“I guess he’s going to die here.” I muttered in a low voice.

At my words, the undead lifted their shoulders and gestured with joy. He was a strong-looking man, so it was clear that they wanted him to become one of the undead and make him a colleague. But...A light sigh slipped out of my mouth naturally. This man is the master of the sword and the heroine's first love. He is supposed to die at the beginning of the plot. To awaken the heroine.

After this man's death, the heroine, who decides to take revenge, is supposed to become a guardian who saves the world by blooming her ability. And she will destroy evil tribes like mine. This was the main plot of the novel I woke up in, "The Bird in the Trap Can't Escape." Knowing this future, I ran away early…

* * *

"Why do you have to die before my eyes? If you're going to die, then just die quietly."

One of the heroine's special abilities is the ability to track death. She is able to get a glimpse of the memory of her opponent's death. In other words, if this guy dies in front of my eyes, the heroine will surely believe that I had killed him. She's gonna blow me up. It’s bound to happen. I barely escaped from the tower and lived in comfort, but I can't believe this kind of ambush is hiding. If I had known this, I wouldn't have come out of the tower.

"Tsk."

However, regretting would not change anything. I breathed a sigh and beckoned to the undead.

"Take him home."

I had to save him first. I didn't want to die at the hands of the heroine.

To be continued...