Chapter-1-3

THIS IS WHAT I WAS BORN WITH. (CHAPTER-1)

The beginning of my life was a dark cradle. I thought I had been reborn with the memory of my past life, but I didn't know until then that I had entered the world of a book. I opened my eyes and looked around with a clear view. It was dark everywhere. It was a crappy space without a lamp on. It was clear that it would be a pitch-black place if it weren't for the moonlight that barely held out its head over the clouds. Little by little my vision adjusted and confirmed that there was no one but me in this room.

I crept up close to the mirror. There was something a little strange about being able to move on my hands and feet as a baby, but I moved my body instinctively. Because I felt like I had to. Fortunately, I was a baby in the mirror. Big head, small body, small hands and feet... a cute baby. But it was a baby with long hair and a unique eye shape.
I got a little closer to the mirror. My hair was long enough to cover my entire body. My hair was black, but the part that touched the moonlight shone. I looked at my skin. A baby's skin that is not stained with the world's dirt is usually soft and chubby. But I was different. It was like.......

'Scales?'

There were transparent scales on the back of my neck. When I touched them a little, they fell down without any effort. However, I knew it wasn't completely resolved. Something wasn't right. Anxiety permeated my skin. Finally, I looked at my face. My eyes were pale blue and yellowish green, as if they had the color of a wide field. Light green without any impurities. I liked it so far, but...

The pupil, which was vertical like a cat's, was interestingly clear. When enlarged, it became large enough to cover the entire eye, and when retracted, it became narrow like a thin thread. Eyes like this were frighteningly mysterious. Every time my eyes moved around, it seemed to make a squeaking sound. It's like...

'A snake'
Squeak.

The pupil constricted. I felt the scales on my body twitching. Each strand of my hair shrank. Instinctive fear. I rolled my shoulders and looked around. It was that time.

"Are you awake?"

The door popped open and someone came in. He was wearing a black robe, and nothing on his body was visible except his ankle, which was revealed due to his tall height. No, it's not a human. Is that a human being?

I thought of his ankle, which had only bones left without any flesh, and looked at him. He came close to me. Then he stretched out his gloved hand and raised my chin.

It was a very odd and rough way to touch a newborn baby, but everything is already out of norm. I didn't think anything of it. He felt my eyes. I held my eyelids and opened my hands. I could feel my torn pupils constricting towards him.

"Sean."

As soon as the words were over, another man appeared beside him.
The man covered his face with a mask, but fortunately his bones and flesh were attached. He seemed to be human.

"Look at him."

He grabbed me by the chin and made me face the man. I looked at the man without thinking. I looked into the man's eyes. Then,

-Passsusu!
A cold chill came to me that made me tremble. At the same time, I felt intense pain as if my eyeballs were being dug up. Ugh. I crouched down, holding my eyes. My eyelids felt like they were burning up.